Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Internet Sync Issue with some user.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

ACT Internet Sync Issue with some user.

Dear All, 

Writing this issue with New post, the reason is this is bit different issue then Sync only.

First lemme tell about the product:

Act! Premium (Web) Version 19.0.147.0, Update 7

User around 26

around 18 users are outside of the network and user Remote database and Sync through internet in different state.

Recently there is Sync issue going on for north user where as south user can sync well without any issue.

When North users try to Sync the sync stuck on "database modification step" and give Failed syn  exact error below.

Synchronization has failed. Act! is unable to connect to the sync server. Check to be sure "accept incoming sync" is enabled in the main database and that the Network sync service is running. Also be sure you are connected to your network. Contact your administrator for assistance.

where as south users dont have any issue in sync, i tried to troubleshoot with North users and found that Internet speed is less then 3 MBPS, i wanted to put blame on Internet but the 4 days before with same internet speed there were able to sync well.

Now to go ahead with troubleshoot i tried with Database Repair, Re-index and so on even increased  Timeout value but did not help, then my final step was to cut the new Remote Database and check to my surprise it worked well.

So, creating new remote DB is not solution i believe because users had entered lots of details and opportunities which is painful task to rework on that and for every 2-3 months we have to create new database and resolve the issue.

Did anyone faced this issue please let me know if anything wrong at my end..

Best Regards, 

Aasmi

Aaria Soft-Tech

Highlighted
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: ACT Internet Sync Issue with some user.

Hello, Some questions...

1. The Act! version Is it the same on the server and on those users?  (Help Menu - about Act!...)

Sometimes this can be solved by restarting the computer the remote user and trying to synchronize again

... If this answers your question, click on ACCEPT AS A SOLUTION - Best regards and good luck

DO NOT FORGET TO MAKE A BACKUP OF THE DATABASE DAILY, and place a copy of that ZIP file on a USB drive or external disk for added security
In case the hard disk of your computer or server is damaged

FIRMA.png
Juan Carlos Otero Garcia
juancarlosotero@protonmail.com
Highlighted
Nickel Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

As well as checking the version i would also make sure that the user has the correct information in the "Manage Connection Information" via Tools -> Synchronise database -> Synchronisation Panel

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Hi Jaun, 

Thank you for your quick reply.

Yes the ACT version on server as well as user side both are same and also the connection string are correct for users.

Is there any issue with CCleaner coz i have a doubt CCleanse cleans registry as well which may cause some issue with ACT remote database i mean may be some registry have been cleaned something like that... 

Best regards, 

Aasif

Highlighted
Nickel Super Contributor

It may be a firewall issue, see if you can telnet to connect to the server using the same information and port number. This would let you now if you can connect or not.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Hi,

I can telnet the ip and port without any issue..

Best Regards,
Aasif
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Hi, I can telnet the ip and port without any issue.. Best Regards, Aasif

Highlighted
Nickel Super Contributor

It might be worth creating as new remote database with just a few contacts in it (filter using a sync set ) and see if that works, if not then something on the PC must be blocking it.

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had this issue and found the following -

It happened after a change in the schema, normally a field added etc.

It only happened to users who did not have full ACT admin rights.

Resolution was to rebuild the remote databases using ACT Diag repair tools AND THEN DO A SYNC AS AN ACT ADMIN USER.

All would then work well for the user until the next schema change.

Not sure if this is of any help to you but it took quite some time to work out the sequence of events in our case.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Hey ch1p, 

Thank you for the details. will check and let you know.

But i have one question what is the Remote user sync set does'nt have Admin user added in it? we cant login with Admin user.

Best Regards, 

Aasif