Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! Hosted CRM

Loyal Listener

ACT! Hosted CRM

Our company is looking into using the ACT hosted version. Can anyone tell me if the Access via Web is the same as hosted?

Thank you.

Lori

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! Hosted CRM

Yes they are the same. ACT! provides for self hosting or using a hosting service. If you self host you are responsible for providing and maintaining the WEB server. With a hosting service that is done by the hosting service and is part of the monthly charge.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Loyal Listener

Thanks Roy.

Lori

Silver Contributor

ACT access via web is the product which can be web enabled by you or hosted by a 3rd party. 

ACT Hosted a 3rd party ACT hosting company sold under the ACT Hosted name by sage.  Sage also has a Hosting Provider program of other hosting providers offering different price points, different types of support and different methods of accessing ACT.  For example, if you want to use the full desktop application of ACT instead of the much lighter ACT web Access, you could do so with some hosting providers.

Disclaimer: we are on the hosting provider list.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Loyal Listener

Jon,

Thanks for the reply. That is very interesting. One of the drawbacks of the web version, for us, is that we have a lot of custom fields. And as I understand it, that would not be possible with the web version.

Where can I get more information about the range of hosting services?

Lori

I know of no such limitation. In fact if you self host you can have local lan users with a local install of the ACT! program access the same database as the WEB users.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Loyal Listener

Roy,

Maybe I am not understanding the information correctly. When I look up Sage ACT! Hosted Cloud, there is this footnote: "Feature limitations with Sage ACT! Premium (access via web) apply for online access".

The link to the list - http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29493/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xMzUxNTM4NDIzL...

It is answer ID 29493 in the kb articles, (in case the link doesn't work).

On the list is Add or modify database fields or layouts. I should add we are not looking to host the application ourselves. We are looking for purely cloud based service.

Thanks again for the input.

Lori

I remember hearing something about the Sage hosting service that they do limit the number of custom fields. That isn't a program limitation but a vendor limitation. There are a number of hosting services run by ACCs and I don't believe they limit the number of custom fields,

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Platinum Super Contributor

Quick clarification about custom fields and web access:

The article is a list of functions that are not available through the web interface; it is not intended to mean that you can't have custom fields.

If you self-host the database, you can add/change fields from the installed Sage ACT! program (on the host computer).

If you have an existing database, the hosting provider would be able to upload the database and make it available through the web interface. Subsequent fields added to the database would have to be done through the hosting provider. I'm not aware if there are or are not limits to the number of custom fields allowed by the different hosting providers.
Greg Martin
Sage
Loyal Listener

Thanks for the clarification Greg.

Lori