Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! Fields Missing in Google Contacts

Highlighted
Copper Elite Contributor

ACT! Fields Missing in Google Contacts

I'm using ACT! Premium 2012 with Google Integration.

After enabling Google Integration, several ACT! fields are missing in Google, particularly the ID/Status, and Notes.

The ID/Status should map to Groups in Google Contacts, and the Notes should also sync to Google Contacts.

How do I get these fields to map correctly? I know this problem existed in Beta but was supposed to be fixed in the final product version. What am I missing?

Highlighted
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! Fields Missing in Google Contacts

I'm not sure if those two are possible, but you can change the field mapping as per this ACT! Knowledge Base article -

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28129

Highlighted
Copper Elite Contributor

That looks doable enough, I think.

However, how do I identify the exact proper field names for these in both Google Contacts and in ACT!? I'm not finding anywhere where the fields are named for either.

Highlighted

Highlighted
Copper Elite Contributor

Can someone from Sage PLEASE help here?

Honestly, it's kind of ridiculous that the ID/Status field from ACT! isn't mapped to Google's Groups by default, since they're both primary ways to sort Contacts in each.

Highlighted

I suspect it's not because:
a) Groups isn't a normal field in Google
b) If the Groups list and ID/Status pull down don't match, not everyone would want them sync'd
c) Some users might not have access to add to the ID/Status pull-down in their database - so would be an issue
d) with a multi-user site, adding every user's Groups to the list would be a problem
I can think of a few more...

So doing that would need a lot of complex configuration and error checking to make it work.
Highlighted
Copper Elite Contributor

Well, the way I've done it for the past 2 years is having them match exactly using CompanionLink, which worked flawlessly.

Google Integration was supposed to eliminate the need to use a 3rd party app. Everything you've listed should be up to the individual to decide.

Highlighted

I suspect that, for the first release, they wanted it simple for the users ... they don't want a function added for the huge user base of ACT! that might create a lot of support that, with a much smaller base, an add-on developer could cope with

No doubt, more functionality will be added in future versions if enough users request it
Highlighted
Copper Elite Contributor

Can someone please tell me how I might identify the correct field names for Google Contacts and for ACT! so that I can try to get these fields mapped? 

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Not sure what you're asking for exactly, but this may help.  If you do an export from contacts in gmail, it'll give you a spreadsheet with all the possible field names listed.