Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Email MFC crashing ACT crashing on Premium for Web 2013

Skilled Commentator

ACT Email MFC crashing ACT crashing on Premium for Web 2013

Hi, I'm trying to set up ACT's internal email system.  It's all set up correctly but within 30 seconds of beginning email it crashes!   It says ActEmail MFC Application has stopped working and I get the below error:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: BEX
  Application Name: ActEmail.exe
  Application Version: 15.1.108.0
  Application Timestamp: 50c1102b
  Fault Module Name: StackHash_c9bc
  Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
  Exception Offset: PCH_24_FROM_ntdll+0x0003C7EC
  Exception Code: c0000005
  Exception Data: 00000008
  OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.16.7
  Locale ID: 3081
  Additional Information 1: c9bc
  Additional Information 2: c9bc38c2c68a34c4e8f8fd22a28a60f6
  Additional Information 3: 4534
  Additional Information 4: 453465320a2ac62ab331e16c47900d20

Read our privacy statement online:

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Does anyone have a solution to make this work?  

Also before anyone say it, yes I know this is a horrible and dated email system! However about 12 of our users literally only send about 1 email a week, so something like this is perfect for these people where we can't justify the cost of anything else.   So I'm hoping the best solution is an easy fix to it not working that someone has?

Alternatively I am open to other ultra cheap options (as in if it has to be x 12 licenses it still needs to be a cheap grand total) for these guys however it needs to be able to use the Write > Email from template option and store incoming and outgoing emails in history.  

We have ACT Premium for Web 2013 which we've had for years and has also just recently been reinstalled with latest service packs etc on a brand new server on Windows Server 2012 R2 

This also means Microsoft Office gets ruled out as 2010 which we had on our old server can't be installed on this one and newer versions won't sync with ACT.

For our accounts we email form all day every day we're looking at a mix of 123Sync and XACT Smart, while both have some good options neither seems like a perfect solution.  So I'm also after a good solution here that we don't have to be so cheap with compared to the above

Thanks for the help!

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: ACT Email MFC crashing ACT crashing on Premium for Web 2013

BEX: Buffer Overflow Exception -  DEP (Data Execution Prevention)

Please refer to this article....  

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22966

( Remember frequently back up your database - and put copy of the ZIP file to an external memory or on a computer by the network - Keep in safe place administrator password & user)

Best regards,

Juan Carlos Otero
juancarlostero@icloud.com
Skilled Commentator

Thanks Juan, but that didn't work. Got my IT guy to try it too in case the issue was me, below is his findings.

Any other solution?  Surely there's a way to make what should be an obvious function in a program actually work?

Reply from my IT guy:

An error has occurred setting the element data.

The value is protected by Secure Boot policy and cannot be modified or deleted.

We can potentially add the act files as exceptions to the DEP but all the exe files I tried adding come back with the error “this program must run with data execution protection enabled” so it sounds like another question for act

Administrator

Hi Scott,

I have not personally come across this issue before. Looking online, it seems to be error generated by Windows, and can happen in any program. This Microsoft Community thread has more examples and suggested solutions to these errors.