Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! E-mail has encountered a problem and needs to close. Please restart ACT! E-mail

ACT! E-mail has encountered a problem and needs to close. Please restart ACT! E-mail

[ Edited ]

I am trying to setup ACT! email in Premium Web v17. We want to use the feature of ACT! that allows all shared users to access and send email inside ACT! from a single shared mailbox. We do not want each individual person's mailboxe linked to ACT!.

I go through the E-mail System Setup per pop settings for several email hosts on 2 different worksations. Every time the setup completes.

Then attempt to open the ACT! email client. The client window opens (Not Responding), then errors out; "ACT! E-mail has encountered a problem and needs to close. Please restart ACT! E-mail."

After closing that box, ACT! E-mail will not attempt to open until ACT! is completely closed down and restarted.

I called in today and spoke with an Act! technician. I was told ACT! E-mail only supports mail ports 110 and 25. The ACT! Email setup never asks for ports. I did confirm that the incoming server and SMTP server ports.

ACT! email just refuses to open. Please help.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Act! E-mail only supports ports 110 and 25?

Act! out of the box, offers few options for email flexibility. There is no extensible email entity to provide what you want.

An option would be to use our Smart Inbox that allows you to attach an email against an Act! record by running a service. Refer http://www.xactsoftware.co.nz/smart-inbox  That frees you from needing any particular email client or device to send email from yet still attach to Act! contact records.   

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog