Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Duplicates a Calendar Item Many Times Over

tgp
Copper Contributor

ACT Duplicates a Calendar Item Many Times Over

ACT! Premium 2009/11.0

I have a user that has Outlook calendar integration set up.  His ACT calendar will sync with the outlook calendar and vice versa.  He has this set up on his office PC as well as a notebook (with remote database).  The calendar is set to sync on a regular basis i.e. several times per day. 

The problem is that appointments and other calendar entries will often be duplicated 10's of times if not more.  It seems like ACT is treating each item as a new and different appointment even though they are at the same time, with the same person, etc.  Any ideas how to fix this?

Thank You

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT Duplicates a Calendar Item Many Times Over

Is the calendar sync set up on BOTH machines?
If so is Outlook on both linked via Exchange or similar?
Are you also syncing to a phone?
tgp
Copper Contributor

Mike,

Thanks for your response.

Yes, I believe the calendar is set up to sync on both machines.

Outlook is linked to Exchange over the Internet (RPC over HTTP) on the notebook and Outlook is connected to Exchange over the network on the PC in the office.

The user has an Android phone that I believe syncs emails and contacts but I am not 100% sure about calendar.  It is possible.  I will find out.

Thank You

Yup, with that sync process, I can guarantee problems... mass-duplication and/or complete loss of data

Outlook/Exchange/phone doesn't have access to ACT!'s unique ID so they'll keep been seen as new items being added.

I'd look at using 123 Sync from ACT! directly to Exchange and not using ACT!'s sync in the way you are.

Have a look at:
http://blog.glcomputing.com.au/2010/05/getting-act-on-your-phone.html
tgp
Copper Contributor

Thank you very much for the help.  We are looking at equiping a number of users in the field with smartphones so they can access their ACT! calendar as well as email.  Do you recommend a particular mobile platform (iPhone/Android/Blackberry)?  Also, would you still recommend 123 Sync or any other programs to accomplish this?  Thank You.

As per:
http://blog.glcomputing.com.au/2010/05/getting-act-on-your-phone.html

My recommendation is Handheld Contact ... by far the most reliable and the easiest to administer. But not yet on Android