Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! Deleting Outlook Events apparently after failed attachment

ACT! Deleting Outlook Events apparently after failed attachment

To get the info in here:

-Version 16.0.291.0 HF 4

-With Outlook 2010

-Shared DB

-Server 2008 (Remote Desktop environment)

So every so often (Happened today and a month ago today 11/18) a user gets all their outlook events deleted. Everything, even events she adds into outlook herself and not though ACT! I check in her sync/attach settings and there are tons in there that could not attach and if we retry, most come back but the events that were not in ACT! are still missing and she must recreate them. This includes reoccurring things like staff meetings and single occurrence things like personal appointments. One curious thing I saw was some events were still there and they were categorized so I gave one of the reoccurring events a category to see if that could be a work around until we get this figured out. I am hoping someone out there has seen this before and knows a way to stop it from happening again.

Thank you in advance! 

Re: ACT! Deleting Outlook Events apparently after failed attachment

Zelgaddiss,

Welcome to the Act! Community Forum!

I have seen similar issues happen, but for the most part they don't always deal with the Act! software.  In the one event that it does deal with Act! should only have issues with contacts and calendar items that were synced from Act!

To help understand your problem better, please answer a few simple questions: Is your end-user synchronizing thier contacts or calendar with any other program or device?  I have seen an issue where certain programs/devices reclassify calendar items for easier viewing.  This classification change is enough to make Act! think the item is missing.  What troubleshooting have you done so far?  Have you tried creating a new mail profile for this user?

Billy Clark
Swiftpage
Act! Knowledgebase: http://kb.act.com

Thank you for the reply!

She is syncing from the ACT cal into outlook. The items stay in ACT but all the items get deleted from the outlook calander. She has it also syncing with her iPhone but it is set up to just look at the calander and not sync both ways. 

Hope that helps!

Depending on what software they're using to sync the Calendar with the iPhone, they may be inadvertently changing information.  Can we temporarily disable the iPhone synchronization?  This will allow us to rule out that side of the equation entirely.

Billy Clark
Swiftpage
Act! Knowledgebase: http://kb.act.com

The unfortuate thing is that because it is about a month apart of deletions we can't disable the iPhone sync as she uses it all the time. I was just hoping that someone had ran into this before, just with the infrequent nature of this issue it's a bit hard to narrow down anything.