Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Database disappeared !!!

Copper Contributor

ACT Database disappeared !!!

Yet another issue !!!!

The database in question was open but no action was being taken and it has disappeared. Help !!

I've been into ACT Diag.The database is listed but says RECOVER under Status. Any attempt to reattach .ADF I'm told .ADF already exists.

Under syncing and Locked are (null).

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: ACT Database disappeared !!!

First action is reboot machine.

Copper Contributor

Rebooted already.

Copper Elite Contributor

Go into the Services window and stop/restart the ACT! instance of SQL. This sometimes will bring the database back "online".

Phillip R. Price
ACT! Certified Consultant
Automated Sales Tools, LLC
http://www.automatedsalestools.com
Phone: 1-866-915-9399
Copper Contributor

Thanks. Already tried that.

Copper Elite Contributor

So, do the .ADF and ALF files still exist for this database?  These database files are usually located in your Documents\ACT\ACT Data\Databases folder.

If so, I would make sure you have a backup copy of those files in case they get deleted accidently when messing with ACTDiag.exe (I have seen this happen several times).  Then you may have to use Actdiag.exe to detach the database.  If it will not let you detach, then try to delete the database using Actdiag.exe.  If either of these work, then you can use ACT! to or Actdiag.exe to reattach the database.

If neither of these work, then you will have to manually delete the database for SQL using a Command line action:  >actdiag.exe delete databasename

Phillip R. Price
ACT! Certified Consultant
Automated Sales Tools, LLC
http://www.automatedsalestools.com
Phone: 1-866-915-9399
Copper Contributor

All sorted. Thank you Chip Smiley Happy

Bronze Elite Contributor

Glad that worked.  

For the record - Checked settings in ACT Diag and message Malc was getting. As a result renamed the .pad file. Instructed ACT to open from the ADF file. This created a new PAD file and rebuilt the database as it had been detached. (Did not look at path inside old pad file but it was either corrupt or a folder or path had changed name.)