Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! Database Going to Expire

ACT! Database Going to Expire

Hello All,

This morning one of the client computers got a message that said "You have not synchronized with the main database in (3) Days.  If you do not synchronize again, your database will expire."  What does this mean and how can this be avoided without synchronizing again so soon.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! Database Going to Expire

[ Edited ]

Hello pjobrent,

If the user syncs again, then closes and reopens the remote database, do they receive the expiration warming again? Also, what is the expiration period you defined when creating the remote database?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Greig,

I did not change the default expiration period, so I am not sure what it was set for, is there a way to renew it?  Also, I will have him try to sync, close and reopen and see if any issues arise.

Thanks!!

Platinum Elite Contributor

To see the expiration period, open the main (Publisher) database. Go to Tools>Synchronization Panel. Click "Manage Database" on the right, select the remote database in question, then click "View Database Options" on the right. A typical setting is 30-45 days. We do not advise going over 59 days with larger databases.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.