Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Contact Sync with Outlook

ACT Contact Sync with Outlook

Hi!! This query is not new.... but i assure you I have read all the previous answers on this query and have tried all the solutions mentioned but still same status. 

I am using Sage ACT! Premium 2011 Version 13.1.111.0, Hotfix 1.. and Outlook 2010...

I have about 9000 contacts in ACT which I want to sync with Outlook. In the Sync Preferences it is showing that contants to sync is 9000.. But after the sync process is run.. Everytime the error message is coming ACT! Contacts Syncronisation Failed! 

I have tried deleting the metadata files.. have tried detaching database.... but still nothing is happening.... 

I fail to understand the problem... please can someone help me please. 

Copper Contributor

Re: ACT Contact Sync with Outlook

[ Edited ]

Have you tried to do check and repair maintenance on the database?

What happens if you create a new database with a couple of contacts and try the sync.

It might even be worth doing a repair on you Microsoft Office, this is done through programs and features option in control panel.

I would also update your version to the latest hotfix

good luck

Bronze Super Contributor

Hi cj79,

The link for the latest HF for your ACT! 2011 is:

http://download.act.com/support/downloads/Sage-ACT-Premium-2011-Product-Downloads.html

Please download and install HF6 and see if that sorts out this problem.

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 

Dear David,

I reinstalled ACT again and then installed Hot Fix 6. And it worked.. Sync happend. Thanks for the suggestion.

Now after that there are some 1400 contacts which I imported in ACT. Then I Synced ACT again with outlook and only 922 of 1400 contacts were synced. 

I did the entire process of ending the ACT process and deleting metadata file and then again tried syncing... 

The sync process is running, but all the contacts are still not syncing... Please can you tell me what can possibly be the reason?

Look forward to hearing from you.