Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Connect Link - Service Fails to Start and/or Register

Accepted Solution Solved
Astute Commentator
Accepted Solution

ACT Connect Link - Service Fails to Start and/or Register

Since yesterday when AWS S3 experienced issues (not sure if this related, but a Zapier tech mentioned it so I'm pass it along), I have been unable to connect via ACT Link Connect.

It's been throwing out "unable to register errors" and not giving me a web address to link back to.

I've followed the protocols from the Kb article (http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38398) but they haven't solved the issue (original thread http://community.act.com/t5/Act-Developer-s-Forum/ACT-Connect-Link-Issues/m-p/330747/highlight/true#...).

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sucia
‎03-07-2017 06:31 AM
Administrator

Re: ACT Connect Link - Service Fails to Start and/or Register

Hi all,

This issue has now been resolved by installing the updated version of Act! connect Link.

This can be downloaded here.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Administrator

Hi Sucia,

I'm looking into the possibility of server connection issues at the moment.

It would be worth following the steps in this Knowledgebase, and trying a full uninstall and reinstall of the Act! Connect Link application in the meantime.

Astute Commentator

Thanks. The full uninstall and reinstall from your Kb article did get ACT Link up and running again. Though by Zapier connect is still not working.

Do you happen to know if ACT Connect Link and Handheld Contact have any compatibility issues? I installed HHC recently, but I think Zapier was still working after HHC was installed.
Administrator

Hi Sucia,

When the application was reinstalled, it will have generated a new URL. You must now change the URL that Zapier is using to connect to Act!, to this same URL found in the Act! Connect Link application, before Zapier will be able to successfully connect.

I'm not aware of any compatibility issues with HHC.
Astute Commentator

Yep. I've updated the Zapier connection, and it is connecting but I'm still getting an:

XXXX.g2c.cloud-elements.com returned (500) Internal Server Error

So frustrating since this was working just a couple days ago.

Administrator

Hi Sucia,

That's unusual. Are you pulling the URL from within Act! or from the Act! Connect Link application itself? The latter would be my suggestion.

If you're already doing this then please could you send me your URL and a copy of the logs tab via PM.
Astute Commentator

I've tried it both ways from ACT and from ConnectLink.  It's essentially the same address except Connect Link leaves out the act.web.api.

No luck either way.

Just PM'd you the details you asked for.

Administrator

Thanks Sucia,

I'll send over your logs along with the info I've asked you for in my reply to the API team on Monday morning when I'm back in the office.
If the meantime I would suggest trying to recreate a zap and see if the same error occurs.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sucia
‎03-07-2017 06:31 AM
Administrator

Hi all,

This issue has now been resolved by installing the updated version of Act! connect Link.

This can be downloaded here.