Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! Columns & Security Questions

ACT! Columns & Security Questions

Hi

I'm currently using ACT! Premium (Web) 18.1.103.0 Update 3.

My question, how can I make "relationships" tab (from inside a contact) a column on the "all contacts" screen?

Also, is there any way to stop Restricted users from creating new contacts? (without having to downgrade them to Browsing level)

Administrator

Re: ACT! Columns & Security Questions

Hi diegor - unfortunately there's no way to display related contacts on the list view, as there could be multiple related contacts for each record.

It's also not possible to stop a restricted user from creating records - any user that is not a browse user is able to create new contacts,

JonTaylor wrote:
Hi diegor - unfortunately there's no way to display related contacts on the list view, as there could be multiple related contacts for each record.

It's also not possible to stop a restricted user from creating records - any user that is not a browse user is able to create new contacts,

Thank for your prompt reply JonTaylor.

One more question, every time I create a new contact, I select "Limited" for access level and inside "Selected Users/Teams", one of my restricted users is always on the allowed (right-hand side) list.

How can I change this so that this user is not in the allowed list by default? It adds an unnecessary history entry every time I remove that user.

Administrator

You can customize the default record creation behaviour in Tools > Preferences > Startup > Record Creation Options.

From there you can set the defaullt limited access list for contacts.

HTH

Thanks a lot !

That solved my issue !