Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! Anchor Dates and Actvities

Accepted Solution Solved
Tuned Listener
Accepted Solution

ACT! Anchor Dates and Actvities

I am not sure what an Anchor Date is. I want to setup a trigger that keeps my admin up-to-date on my files. I have a custom Status drop down menu that I created, and once it is in escrow I want a 15 day before close of escrow trigger to check to see if the loan docs have been ordered, then the same thing 10 days before COE, and then 3 days prior to COE to see if they have signed their loan docs. I have ACT for web Pro or Premum 10.0. Please advise.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author sansonj
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! Anchor Dates and Actvities

This is achieved in 2 steps.

Firstly create the Activity Series (Schedule-Manage-Activity Series Templates). Create the required number of Activities in your process, which will all be set to commence x days before the Anchor date. (Note: you can allocate the individual Activities to other ACT! users).

Secondly, now schedule the task (Schedule-Activty Series) with the client. It is here you get to select the Anchor date.

Regards
Neil Gilford
ACT! Certified Consultant
Gilford Computer Solutions
neil@gilford.com.au

View solution in original post

All Replies
Copper Elite Contributor

The Anchor Date is the start (or end) date of the series. In your case, the date for escrow is the Anchor date and you would select 15 days before anchor date. This means you would receive an alarm 15 days before the date in the escrow date field.

Regards
Neil Gilford
neil@gilford.com.au
Tuned Listener

How do I associate the activities to the anchor date? I think that is what I am missing. My activities do not know when to start, so they choose the date I connect the series to the client.
Solution
Accepted by topic author sansonj
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Elite Contributor

This is achieved in 2 steps.

Firstly create the Activity Series (Schedule-Manage-Activity Series Templates). Create the required number of Activities in your process, which will all be set to commence x days before the Anchor date. (Note: you can allocate the individual Activities to other ACT! users).

Secondly, now schedule the task (Schedule-Activty Series) with the client. It is here you get to select the Anchor date.

Regards
Neil Gilford
neil@gilford.com.au

How can an anchor date be used to set up say an alert five days ahead of a certain groups of contact's birthdays?