Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Addins missing from Office 2007 / Outlook 2007

ACT Addins missing from Office 2007 / Outlook 2007

Hi All,

i am having this incredibly frustrating on going seriously annoying problem with the addins menu normally found in Word / Excel / Outlook 2007.

I am hoping someone on this forum will put me out of my misery so i can continue to attach emails to contacts, this problem has been persistant for months now and technical support are at a loss.

The System,

Windows Server 2003 R2 / Terminal Services

Sage ACT premium 2009 /11.0

Microsoft Office 2007 Professional Plus

ACT is setup and configured correctly (I am a certified ACT technical and product consultant), ACT addressbook configured and setup in outlook also. When opening Word 2007 the addins menu does not load and when checking the addins section i notice the ACT addin is not ticked. When manually ticking the addin and restarting Word 2007 it again is un ticked.

I contacted technical support at this stage who asked me to check the LoadBehavior settings for Excel, Word & Outlook using regedit. They were all set to 2, so i manually changed to 3 and tried again. Needless to add after starting any of the products the loadbehavior would return to 2.

Sage sent me two files via email extensibilityMSM.msi & lockbackRegKey.msi to be run in that order. After doing so i restarted the server as requested and tried again however the loadbehavior settings remain set to 2.

No matter what i do (including uninstalling office 2007, ACT, .net 2.0) and reinstalling everything i can not fix this problem.

You may of noticed thsi is a terminal server environment so doing a clean install of the OS is not an option.

I would really love some help on this my hair is thining at this stage...pleeeeeeaaaaaseeee!!!

Copper Super Contributor

Re: ACT Addins missing from Office 2007 / Outlook 2007

we have a user in our office with the same problem
Andy Kent
Angel Solutions (UK and NZ)
www.angelsolutions.co.uk

Well i am glad i am not alone in this but at the same time sorry to hear you are having the same problem.

I really hope someone can solve this????

Nickel Contributor

I discovered the hard way that this is not an ACT! issue, but a Microsoft one.

One of my customers had the same problem, except with Office 2003, and it was frustrating to watch the Registry changes I made continuously change back.

Thankfully after going high enough up the ranks in Sage Tech Support, I found one guy who pointed me to MS KB907417 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907417), which included the fix  "office2003-KB907417-FullFile-ENU.exe", which I downloaded and worked like a charm.

Perhaps with this Knowledgebase article you'll be able to better find the fix that works for Office 2007.

Good luck.

Kq\

Ken Quigley, BA, MCSE, ACC, APT
Toronto, Ontario
www.keystroke.ca

First disable all Outlook addins besides the ACT!.  Restart Outlook and see if ACT! is still enabled.  If it reverts back to disabled, follow the steps below.

Note: This only applies to Office 2007.  If you run this on lower versions, you will get COM Class errors when attempting to run templates, etc...

- Remove the ACT! address book from Outlook.

- Close ACT! and Outlook.

- Go to Start > Run > regedit

- Backup your registry - How to Back Up the Registry on a Windows Operating System

- Delete the following registry keys:

-  HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\ACTOutlookAddIn.Connect

-  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\ACTOutlookAddIn.Connect

- Copy the contents below in Notepad and save as office.bat (edit locations if you installed ACT! to a different directory).

- Run office.bat

- Open Outlook, see if it disables the ACT! addin.

- If it doesn't, add the ACT! address book and restart Outlook.

This batch file can also help with field list issues and not getting prompted to record history when printing in Word 2007.  This isn't guaranteed to fix the issue, but I've seen it work in a number of occasions.  Hope this helps.

Batch file contents:

c:
copy "c:\program files\act\act for windows\REGASM.EXE" "c:\program files\act\act for windows\office2007\regasm.exe"
copy "c:\program files\act\act for windows\gacutil.EXE" "c:\program files\act\act for windows\office2007\gacutil.exe"
cd\program files\act\act for windows\office2007
regasm ActOffice2007Addin.dll
gacutil /i Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word.dll
regasm Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word.dll
gacutil /i Office.dll
regasm Office.dll
cd..
gacutil /i Act.Office.Addin.dll
regasm Act.Office.Addin.dll
gacutil /i Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word.dll
regasm Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word.dll
gacutil /i Office.dll
regasm Office.dll
gacutil /i ActOutlookAddin.dll
regasm ActOutlookAddin.dll

pause

Hi All,

Thank you for your fast responses, sorry i was not so fast in replying to let you know how it turned out.

Unfortunatly all of the suggestions provided have not had any effect on the setup!

I did however manage to get some way by re upgrading the Database to version 11 and then uninstalling ACT! and Office 2007 and starting again.

This seemed to of fixed the office relationship and Outlook logs emails perfectly. I know this is by no means a clean way to do this but it worked.

Thanks again,

Dearg

Act Outlook Addin Quick Attach toolbar Doesn't display Act 2009 version 11 Terminal Server

An ordinary domain user doesn’t show the toolbar in Outlook but if you

give the user admin privileges then it shows.

This is down to registry key

HKCR\ACTOutlookAddIn.Connect which gives ACCESS DENIED in Process Monitor

The default permissions for this key is administrators and SYSTEM.

Add all the users required to run the ACT Outlook add in as full permissions.

Note: this must be explicit usernames rather than a group

We also did this for all the ActOutlookAddin keys to ensure correct operation,

but only if you find other issues with the toolbar.

Steve Davies

www.wesolveit.co.uk