Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT ACCESS Intergration

Accepted Solution Solved
Bronze Elite Contributor
Accepted Solution

ACT ACCESS Intergration

I have a client looking to do data exchange between an existing Access database and a new installation of ACT V19 Premium. Has anyone experience of this or any add-ons that you have tried and liked?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author ch1p
‎06-28-2017 12:12 AM
J G
Copper Contributor

Re: ACT ACCESS Intergration

[ Edited ]

Just tried and have it working with ActReader(changing field in access, sql and act are updated after saving the table in access).

View solution in original post

All Replies
Administrator

Hi Ch1p,

You might find the Act! Reader utility useful for this: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17538

Does Access have the ability to connect to SQL when supplied with the SA password?
Bronze Elite Contributor

Thanks Gary

They are looking at 2 way data exchange so the reader would not be suitable. The odbc link may be an answer but think it needs to be combined with an SA password so was looking for someone who had tried this.

Solution
Accepted by topic author ch1p
‎06-28-2017 12:12 AM
J G
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just tried and have it working with ActReader(changing field in access, sql and act are updated after saving the table in access).

Bronze Elite Contributor

Many thanks JG and also Gary

I thought that the Reader would only allow 1 way from ACT so am delighted to be proved wrong. (And not for the first time!)

Bronze Elite Contributor

Just returning to the linking of ACT and SQL and am a bit confused on the reply as it clearly states that you can only read from ACT using the reader and I need 2 way data exchange.

Have you managed 2 way data exchange or is it only one way out of ACT to Access. If so does anyone know how to configure the ODBC for 2 way data exchange.

J G
Copper Contributor

Ill PM you the setting's I have used for 2 way data exchange ( ACT! to Access and Access to ACT! ), when I get some free time later today.
Bronze Elite Contributor

Thanks JG that would be most helpful.