Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 8...Remove Old Data - Error when Purging cleared activities

ACT! 8...Remove Old Data - Error when Purging cleared activities

We are running ACT! 8 Premium for Workgroups and I have been trying to delete cleared activities on my remote database.  I got this error:

"DELETE statement conflicted with COLUMN SAME TABLE REFERENCE constraint 'ACTIVITY_RECURSOURCEACTIVITYID_FK'.  The conflict occurred in database 'Caroline', table 'TBL_ACTIVITY', column 'RECURSOURCEACTIVITYID'.

Database Purge error occurred with CLEAREDACTIVITIES - DELETE RECURRING TBL_ACTIVITY.  The statement has been terminated."

I have narrowed the problem activity down to a cleared instance of a recurring activity.

ACT doesn't give me the option to erase it....  What can I do to get rid of it and continue purging old cleared activities? 

I ran ACT8Diag - Actions - Database Fixes - Activities - Fix known activity data issues and it came up saying "DBFix to correct Non-Recurring Endless date Activities completed for database Caroline.  253 record(s) were updated."  All the other DBFixes were for 0 records.  What does this mean?  Can I see a log of the activities which have been "fixed" somehow?  I've re-created my database in case this is something I perhaps shouldn't have done!

thanks

Caroline

Re: ACT! 8...Remove Old Data - Error when Purging cleared activities

Caroline,

Did you also run database repair, all rebuilds and reindex from actdiag?  Run them if you haven't.

Unfortunately, it doesn't create a log when running those fixes.  

Re: ACT! 8...Remove Old Data - Error when Purging cleared activities

Thanks - I have run these now but am still having the same problem unfortunately.