Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2013 (web)

Tuned Listener

ACT 2013 (web)

I finally have a moment to try to install the web version. I get to the final point and the warning tells me I already have ACT installed on the computer or the ACT (web) version installed.

I realized I have to uninstall the current local version and re-install the web version, correct? Will all our current information in ACT be lost? That is my biggest concern.

Also, will I have to do the same to my co-workers computer or just share the web version (once installed)?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 2013 (web)

Hello RGrayson17,
Yes, you will need to uninstall Premium and install Premium Web. Functionally, the versions are the same, with the web version having the added features of web and mobile access. Your database will not be affected, but make a backup beforehand as a best practice. Only the web server gets the web version - the client machines don't need to change.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Tuned Listener

Alrighty thanks! I'll try it out.

Tuned Listener

I uninstalled the local version of ACT! and reinstalled the web version. I go to "Open an Existing Database" and now am receiving this warning:

The database February2013 could not be accessed. In order to access this database, check your network connection and verify that your database server is available. It may be necessary to disable any firewall software on your computer or the server".

I backed up our database before doing all this. I have full admin rights on my computer and when I checked the Firewalle, ACT! is allowed through. I can see the PAD file but it will not open. Please help. I am very worried that all is lost.

[ Edited ]

Check your services and make sure the 'SQL Server (ACT7)' service is running.

P.S. - you haven't lost your database

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Tuned Listener

I did check that and it was running. Stopped and started it (just incase) and still the same warning pops up.

[ Edited ]

This Knowledgebase article provides additional solutions for that error message:

http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1964...

Greig Hollister

Tuned Listener

Good afternoon,

Still no luck in getting the Web version up and running. Tried all the suggested tips you had sent over. Is there a way to reverse from the Web back to the local version we previously had?