Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2013 install isues

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

ACT 2013 install isues

I installed ACT 2013 and opened my database, ran for a few minuites, checked some contacts.  Now I rebooted the PC and ACT will not run.  Error says "act has stopped working" and then closes.  I uninstalled ACT 2013, reinstalled and the say issue.  Will not run.  Using Windows 7.

One other item I noticed was trying to do a custom menu on the calendar to show month view and it would not allow.  When I clicked show calendar menu it would not show even after the checked the box on the menu.

Any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Hardrockchina
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: ACT 2013 install isues

Normally I would suggest changing the compatibility mode for this issue, but since you mentioned the custom menu issue - it may be caused by preferences.  Use the section titled 'Alternate Method - Manually Rebuild Preferences' of this article: KB Article 14770

If that does not resolve it, here is the article with compatibility mode instructions: KB Article 20539

Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author Hardrockchina
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Normally I would suggest changing the compatibility mode for this issue, but since you mentioned the custom menu issue - it may be caused by preferences.  Use the section titled 'Alternate Method - Manually Rebuild Preferences' of this article: KB Article 14770

If that does not resolve it, here is the article with compatibility mode instructions: KB Article 20539

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Greg,

All up and running. Thanks!!

I did the rebuild preferences