Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2013 and Citrix

Copper Contributor

ACT 2013 and Citrix

[ Edited ]

My company may be looking at using ACT 2013.  We have 15 remote sales reps and 25 internal people that would access ACT on the network 

What is the recommended way to do this?  ACT 2013 on a Citrix server or remote databases that sync back to the master database in the office?  Can you do both? 

We have a current ACT 2005 version running on Citrix but it's super slow and you can't run reports, etc.  The database has approx 4000 customers.

Just some general direction is appreciated.

Thanks!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 2013 and Citric

Yes, you can do both.

ACT! 2005 was petty close to the worst version release in ACT!'s 25 year history ... any other version is much faster and much more capable.

ACT! 2005 didn't even support Citrix (which was added in ver 2006)
Copper Contributor

Re: ACT 2013 and Citric

I agree!! That is what I suggest several years ago. Thanks
Silver Contributor

Re: ACT 2013 and Citrix

As a hosting provider, we host ACT 2013 on Citrix.  One of the great aspects of the platform, is that we are able to support Citrix, Sync and Web users, plus mobile users on the same ACT database. This allows users to access offline and online and from a variety of devices (Mac, IPAD, PC).

Speed issues are more a matter of system resources rather than Citrix.  Citrix, when compared to other platforms uses bandwidth very effectively.  We have many users who access their Sage ACT database from mobile broadband cards.  You could probably expect similar results.

There is no reason you couldn't run reports, have ACT Addons, do imports or customization in a citrix environment. Alll work very well.

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Copper Contributor

Thanks Jon.

One question. If I'm on Citrix with ACT and send a e-mail will it be recorded in ACT history? We use Outlook on an exchange server Would you have to be using Outlook via Citrix also? Thanks.

Are they using Outlook on the Citrix system or locally?

If locally, you should install ACT! for Web and use the Outlook Plugin
Copper Contributor

I realize this post was a long time ago, but can you elaborate on Act for Web and the plugin for Outlook?  I'd like to publish Act on xenapp 6.5, but use Outlook locally, which I don't think works properly.  If the Act for Web and a plugin works better, I'd like to look into that, but I can't seem to find more info on it.  Can you point me in a direction?