Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

[ACT 2013 Premium SP1] Office 2013 Click To Run incompatibility.

Copper Contributor

[ACT 2013 Premium SP1] Office 2013 Click To Run incompatibility.

[ Edited ]

Is there any news when the Click to Run version of Office 2013 will be supported, because it's been long enough...

Office 2010 is no longer available, and it hasn't been for quite a while now. So when buying new PC's we're forced to get Office 2013. Combine that with the fact that unless you have a volume license agreement for Office 2013 Standard or Professional Plus there is NO way NOT to get the Click To Run version of Office.

I just got off the line with Microsoft and they confirmed me that if I want the non CTR version of Office 2013 I'll have to get a volume license agreement. I wouldn't call that an option since already purchased Office 2013 licenses would become quite the expensive paperweights.

This issue doesn't seem to be getting much attention... Is this even going to get fixed? You'd think that such a serious issue would be fixed by now, It's been several months already since Office 2013 was released.

Re: [ACT 2013 Premium SP1] Office 2013 Click To Run incompatibility.

Not sure on the click to run version, but Office 2013 compatiblity is targeted for the next release - Act! 2014 (16.0).  It somewhat works with Act! 2013 SP1, but its not fully tested/compatible with that version.

Copper Contributor

What do you mean not sure on the click to run version...

That's the only version you can get in a store, unless you go with a volume license agreement. That's not an option for everyone. Is Act going to give up on those customers?
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Has there been any progress on this?  I have a few clients with Office 365 Business subscriptions. (The 12.50 per month variety)  These subscriptions were updated during the transition to Office 2016 to no longer include stand alone versions of the software.  The problem we have here is that Microsoft no longer sells Office through Office 365 in the manner that Act! requires for contact synchronization to work properly.

Will Act! 19 solve this problem or can we expect 18 - 20 months of non-compatibility until we wait for Act! 20?

The issue is Act! not keeping up with modern Office delivery channels.  Telling your clients to buy Office Standalone for hundreds of dollars ignores a future where Office continues to be sold only as Click to Run and currently forces them to spend hundreds of extra dollars for software they already own through their subscriptions.  The only real solution to this problem is to make Act! work with modern versions of Office 2016 and beyond which includes the click to run versions. 

Please advise.

I would like to add some information to hits post.  The tech support rep at Act! that I spoke with kept referring to the stand alone version as the "complete" version of Office 2016 as if this was an upgrade from the O365 version when in fact it is exactly the opposite.  One cannot use O365 without upgrading their standalone installation of Office 2016 to the version delivered with O365. The following article specifically states this.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Special-offer-for-customers-with-Office-2016-and-Office-201...

So to further clarify my point above, I can tell my customers that they cannot use Office 365 or I can tell them that Act! contact sync with Outlook 2016 is broken.  The support representative at Act! suggested that we get the standalone versions as a solution to the Act! synchronization problem and all that would have done was broke every other Office 365 feature that my clients use. 

Again, please advise so I can tell my clients how to proceed and if they need to look for a different CRM or some third party application that actually works.