Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2013 Premium Mobile Custom fields

ACT! 2013 Premium Mobile Custom fields

We are currently evaluation ACT! 2013 Premium Web and are looking at the new Premium Mobile feature.

While the new mobile version looks very nice and seems quite fast, it only shows a few default ACT! fields. Is it possible to add other (custom) fields to this layout or is the product (currently) limited to those fields?

Silver Contributor

Re: ACT! 2013 Premium Mobile Custom fields

It is possible to Add Contact fields and Opportunity fields to the users screen on ACT premium mobile. this is done at the end user (on the phone or device). You can't customize hte layout, but you can add fields to the list.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

How can I add fields to the list?

When I use Premium Mobile I can go to Preferences and from there I can choose to customize the contact and/or opportunity view, but when I click one of those options, I can only change the field order. I cannot seem to find the option to add a field.

Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello Dennis,

Welcome to the ACT! Community. To add custom fields to the ACT! Premium mobile client:

- Tap Preferences in the lower left of the screen

- Tap Customize Contact View

- Tap the gear icongear.jpg for either Details or More Details (depending on what section of the contact's screen you want the fields to display)

- In the field the list, tap the fields you want to display do they have a green check in the box

- Tap OK when done

- Tap the save icon in the upper right to save your changes

When you go to a contact's screen, you should see those field displayed in section you selected for them.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

I suspected that gear icon was not just decorative. Unfortunately I was testing Premium Mobile using Google Chrome (26.0.1410.64) on the desktop and the icon doesn't work in that version.

Premium Mobile also doesn't seem to work on Android (unable to login because of the Javascript message while Javascript is enabled)  using the default browser and Google Chrome. So it seems that this new feature is useless for us at the moment. Hopefully this will get fixed at a later date.

Silver Contributor

You would need to use the Android device browser instead of Chrome.

Premium Mobiile system Requirements:

Requirements

• Safari® for iPad® iOS4, iOS5, and iOS6
  • Safari for iPhone® iOS4, iOS5, and iOS6
  • Android™ Device Browsers 2.2, 2.3, 3.0, 4.0
Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

I wasn't quite clear in my previous post, but that's what I meant with the default browser.

I have tried my phone running Android 4.2.2 and my tablet running Android 4.1.1. Since most of our users are running Android 4.1.x and most of the new phones are running Android 4.1.x I still hope this will get fixed at a later date.

Bronze Elite Contributor

I know that this is not entirely useful directly, but just to let you know it works fine on my Galaxy S3, also my Asus Transformer. It might be a setting on your devices.
Vivek Gargav
Caldere Associates Ltd.
www.caldere.com
vgargav@caldere.com
My Blog
Bronze Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Works fine on my Galaxy S3. The native browser for Android is Webkit which renders HTML which Chrome is a derivative of.

I notice that Webkit version 534.30 hasn't changed since Android 4.0.1 right through to the current Android 4.2.2 Seems to me should work.    

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Tuned Listener

Back to the main post... Once you add custom fields thats great.  But is there a way to search data within a specific customer field?