Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2013 Premium Hotfix 4 problem

Copper Contributor

ACT! 2013 Premium Hotfix 4 problem

Hi,

I am using ACT! 2013 Premium SP1 within Win 7 64Bit. One user only on a desktop.

I installed ALL the hotfixes 1,2,3,4 after I updated to SP1. Once I have Hotfix 4 installed ACT asks me to Register again with a new serial number. No matter how many times I reboot I get the same message - To start Registration all over again and that my database is locked. The only way to get back right in is to unistall Act! and upgdate to SP1 and install Hotfix 3 - which seems to create no issues so far!!! Problem starts if I install Hotfix 4. My questions are:

1) Does one have to install each hotfix sequentially or install the latest one only? (Say install Hotfix 4 without installing the previous ones)

2) Has anyboy encountered similar problems before (with hotfix 4 and the Registration message) and how was it resolved?

Thanks in advance

Nickel Contributor

Re: ACT! 2013 Premium Hotfix 4 problem

Hi,

I think most people have had the problem where you need to re-register after applying HF4.

You have to re-register ACT! with your serial but you will need to delete or rename the RegistrationData.xml file on the PC

Please look at http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14245  for further information.

Also make sure that when you are going to register ACT! that you click on the shortcut and run as administrator.

If you get the same problem after re-booting the machine look at the Damaged Windows System File section and rename the 2 system files and then re-register. Or you could just do this as well as deleting the RegistrationData.xml file

I hope this helps

Copper Contributor

Re: ACT! 2013 Premium Hotfix 4 problem

Thanks for the advise. However I followed al the steps..deleting files from the registry and other related files...still getting the error. Finally I deleted everything and installed ACT 2013 all over again. Everything seems fine until one installes Hotfix 4. This messes up the whole system!! At this stage I really dont know what else can be done?? Whys is hotfix 4 creating this problem is beyond me!!