Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2013 - Linking old email history

Jbg

ACT! 2013 - Linking old email history

Just starting with Act. I want to link old emails from Outlook into the Act history and attached to each contact in the History tab.

I want both Incoming and Outgoing emails related to a contact into their history.

I know I can do this manually with quickattach, but that will take forever with all the different emails and contacts I have in Outlook.

Isn't there a way to do a more global link or to link emails to/from different contacts all at once?

What is the easiest way to do this just to get started? Once I have everything updated then I can just create new emails and history from within Act without any problems...

Thanks.

Copper Super Contributor

Re: ACT! 2013 - Linking old email history

why cant you use the quick attach button? if the relevent email address is in the datbaase is should link it from the sent box, if not then the email will remain in the un-attached email tab within the system tray widget, and you will need to either update the email address or attach manually.

Jason Dawson Financial Planning
Brisbane | Australia - JDFP Home Page

Act Ver - Act! Premium Version 17.1.169.0, Hot Fix 3
OS - Windows 7 (stand alone machine)
MS Office - Enterprise 2007
Phone - Samsung Galaxy s6
Jbg

I Have several thousand emails in history across dozens of sub folders.
That is why quick attach is not a simple option. Also I want to link emails that I
sent to the TO CONTACT and not the Sender. Is that possible as well without
Doing it all manually?

I have the same problem.  I have 2500 contacts so going through and finding all the emails sent and received from each and to each contact is not a viable option. 

I would expect that Act could go through the emails stored in my Outlook folders and match them to the contacts with the same email addreses.

Is this possible?

Copper Contributor

I have the same issue as well. Although there are many emails to and from customers that don't need to be kept (but they're still in Outlook) so I can't see that an automated tool would be useful for this.