Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2013 Gold Social Media Issues

Platinum Elite Contributor

ACT! 2013 Gold Social Media Issues

1. What happened to Twitter?

2. Connect to Facebook ... logged in. Login window then says "Success" - but this screen never goes away (untidy)

3. Go to associate contact ... takes a LONG time to bring up dialog box

4. Selected "Recommended" for both and click OK. Nothing displays and the Oen FB/LI links do not become active

Suggestions? Could it be because I'm using a Subscriber database?

Windows 7 x64

Re: ACT! 2013 Gold Social Media Issues

[ Edited ]

Mike,
Thanks for posting these concerns.

1. We had to pull Twitter as they changed the terms of their API to basically state that Twitter streams could not be used alongside other SM streams in the same application interface.

2 & 3. We have seen some performance issues due to the fact this is an online, dynamic connection and are currently working to improve this

4. Was not able to reproduce this on Win 7 64-bit. You can try disabling and the re-enabling the FB connection.

I don't believe these issues are due to being a remote database since the connection is local and database-specific.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

1. Silly Twitter ... I just had a look, the phrase is "Tweets that are grouped together into a timeline must not be rendered with non-Twitter content. e.g., comments, updates from other networks"
Maybe have a Tab for each platform rather than combine them?
I still think it lacks real use to share info (the reason ACT! was created) ... it should display the public info if the contact isn't connected to you - or, if the person is a contact of multiple users, they shouldn't have to all "Associate" the contact

4. Tried several times before posting. Could it be an issue with something left-over from the beta?

1. We probably could, but it would mean major design changes and dev time.

4. Possibly. I'll have to do a comparative test with a beta and non-beta machine

I'm curious - do you see the Social Updates feature as a productivity tool or a "cool toy"? It seems to me like it would be used mostly by 1-3 license Pro users.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

1. Shouldn't be ... unless the coding is really messy
BTW: I didn't mean a full Tab in the layout, but sub-tabs without the SM Tab

Do you know Xobni for Outlook? The biggest use that I see is being able to see the public info of people you're NOT currently linked to ... It pulls info (eg pics) to fill out contact info. And best, if you like, you can follow (or send a connect request) directly from the client.

That would be much more useful in a "relationship management" ideal that we're supposed to be providing

It shouldn't be that hard to make that change ... I was going to do something like that a few years back till Sage said they were doing it for 2010 - and all we've had till now is the Web Info Tab. I should have done it.

Another thought ... but this would be bigger work:

Don't group them as a timeline ... Grab the 20 most retweeted/commented posts. This is what Klout have done
Copper Super Contributor

100% agree, i dont think in its current state it even gets to the "cool toy" status

Jason Dawson Financial Planning
Brisbane | Australia - JDFP Home Page

Act Ver - Act! Premium Version 17.1.169.0, Hot Fix 3
OS - Windows 7 (stand alone machine)
MS Office - Enterprise 2007
Phone - Samsung Galaxy s6