Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2013 - Error saving a contact

ACT! 2013 - Error saving a contact

[ Edited ]

Error Screen Shot

Everytime any user attempts to duplicate a contact they recieve the following error

Error saving a contact. 

Sage ACT! 2013 Version 15.0.301.0 Hot Fix 2

Server 2008R2

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! 2013 - Error saving a contact

Hello jwiggs,
Welcome to the ACT! Community. Does this affect all users or just the one? Check the users duplicate checking (Tools > Preferences > Admin tab), and for the contact settings, make sure that dupe checking is enabled and that the Contact field is selected as the first field to check. If this does not work, then disable duplicate checking.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

I verified that the Dupe checking was checked. I unchecked the box and reattempted to add contact. Same error.

All users are affected. 

Platinum Super Contributor

I would expect that this issue is specific to the database, but you'll want to verify that by either opening the Demo database or creating a new database and test duplicating a contact. 

If Duplicate Contact is successful in another database:

From the small amount of the layout displayed in the image you attached, I can see that there have been modifications to the layout and fields.  Was this working before?  If yes, do you have a backup made prior to the latest customizations?  If you have a backup, you can restore it using File > Restore > Database > Restore As option to create with a new database name (not overwrite existing database).  If the duplicate contact function works in the restored database, review the changes made to fields.  Apply the changes to the restored database one at a time and test the duplicate contact function, repeat until it fails - then you'll know which change caused the problem and could then alter it in the main database.

Greg Martin
Sage