Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2013 - Cannot access after I installed a custom button

ACT 2013 - Cannot access after I installed a custom button

Hi, I have been using Act for years and think I'm pretty experienced.

We use Act as a company and the data is stored on a server. We use Sage ACT! Pro 2013 Version 15.0.301.0, Hot Fix 2 / Shared / Windows 7

I have a problem with 2 of our laptops, and can no longer open any database as any user. It starts to load as usual and then just hangs. I hope that makes sense so far. The problem started when I tried to put custom buttons on a toolbar to make life easy for the guys using them. Then next time they went to open the program it wouldn't

We tried to go back to a restore point, and re-install the software. Restore didn't help and cannot re-install as I'm getting a message that says there is a XP compatilility issue. 

I hope that this will be enough information for some kind person to help us. Our IT company haven't got a clue, and our MD won't pay for Support, know the feeling........

Please help.

Silver Super Contributor

Re: ACT 2013 - Cannot access after I installed a custom button

You probably just need to remove your preferences.  There is an option in the actdiag tool that will remove them for you.  Give that a try and see if it helps.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!