Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2012 upgrade - will it cure the issue with removing cleared activities?

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

ACT 2012 upgrade - will it cure the issue with removing cleared activities?

We are currently on ACT 2011 and still having the issue with removing old data, specifically removing cleared activities, even after trying the procedures in http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27518. I select remove old activities and it behaves like iI have selected to remove 'document tab entries' 

Act error

So my concern is if I upgrade to 2012, that I will continue to have the same problems. Would completely uninstalling ACT and SQL 2008 Express then installing 2012 perhap be the best course of action? It would defintely be a hassle, not to mentioned time consuming.

If anyone has any ideas, I would really appreciate hearing them.

All the best,

Aaron

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author aaronboatin2001
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: ACT 2012 upgrade - will it cure the issue with removing cleared activities?

Good news! The issue has been resolved. There was some database corruption that was fixed.

A special thanks to Tushar Vyas who resolved the issue! We're looking forward to applying our 2012 now that our database is clean and healthy.

Many thanks!

-Aaron

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Super Contributor

The obvious question is: are you ensuring that only the 'Cleared activities older than' option is checked....

Try this function in the Demo database and see if it behaves in the same manner.  If it doesn't, then the issue lies within the database itself.  If it does behave the same, I would try an uninstall/reinstall of ACT! (not sql).

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Hi Greg,

Thank you for the response. Yes, the checkbox was checked. 

I did create a new database and was able to remove cleared activites. So what would this mean about my primary ACT database and what should I do to correct the issue?

Thanks,

Aaron

Solution
Accepted by topic author aaronboatin2001
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Good news! The issue has been resolved. There was some database corruption that was fixed.

A special thanks to Tushar Vyas who resolved the issue! We're looking forward to applying our 2012 now that our database is clean and healthy.

Many thanks!

-Aaron