Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2012 Upgrade

Tuned Listener

ACT 2012 Upgrade

We recently upgraded to Act 2012 Main database with 6 remote users, we were able to sync initially but now we're having a lot of trouble. It's fails most of the time. We are now at a point were the send receive files is over 2,000,000 files (this cannot be right can it?)  and it hangs- I'm guessing - on attachments.  I have applied the Hot Fix 2 and have been trying to sync for several hours - it;s still working slowly. Not that I'm currently syncing over the internet using Hamachi VPN, but being in house syncing over the LAN does not help either.  

What should my next step be?  We don't want to lose all our work by creating new remotes. 

Help? 

TIA

Dee

Tuned Listener

Re: ACT 2012 Upgrade

HOw about if I ask this in a different way. What's the normal average size for a database with 650 contacts?  

Platinum Elite Contributor

There isn't any such number because every database is different.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Platinum Super Contributor

Are all of your remotes experiencing the same issue?

I would test by creating a new remote and unpacking it on a 'trouble' machine.  Sync it to see how long it takes and what the numbers show.  If it shows the same 2,000,000 files, I would suspect an issue with the main database.  If it syncs successfully with few changes to apply, you may want to start using the new remote and continue attempting to sync the original remote.  Your message said the sync runs for a long time, but does it actually fail or do you cancel it? 

If it is not failing, it may just be working through a large number of changes/files to apply.  You can see how many changes ACT! is applying by opening ACT!Diag > selecting your database > select option Actions > Database Reports > Sync Reports > Sync Preview Report.  You will run this on both the remote and server to determine the number of changes attempting to apply in both directions.

Greg Martin
Sage
Tuned Listener

Thanks I discovered the publisher database had a trojan attacted to an old Act 7 file. We recreated the data base from one of the remotes.  I have another issue now though....

All was good until we discovered the contacts we have hyarchied to companies seem to be duplicating all the same information. Can't figure out how to fit it. I guessing it's some kind of setting i cannot find. 

For example instead of having contact information for each user is has one contact duplicated several times. This happened durng one of the sync's this morning.  But when we click on the hotlink for the company all the user ares still hyarchied with individual contact informaiton. 

Also, last night after creating the new database I transerred custom laylouts from the old databas to the new and there were only about 4 of files. Now today there are sereval copies of each layout file. I scanned the file for a virus and didn't find anything. Are these flles duplicationg during the sync process?