Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2012 Premium (web) + SBS Essentials 2011

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

ACT 2012 Premium (web) + SBS Essentials 2011

I was wondering if anyone would be able to assist me in getting ACT 2012 Premium (web) set up for web access.  The program itself runs great, however, when trying to enable the web capability I get the following error:

Sage ACT! Premium was unable to connect with the web server. Please verify that IIS6.0 com,patibility is enabled.

I do know that SBS 2011 uses IIS 7.0, and the web administration is working for the server itself, however, can't seem to get around the above issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Happy holidays!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by ghollister (Platinum Elite Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: ACT 2012 Premium (web) + SBS Essentials 2011 (resolved)

I thought I would update my thread. 

ACT 2012 works GREAT with SBS Essentials 2011, however, you CANNOT use the remotewebaccess and ACT2012 at the same time.  I uninstalled the IIS service, restarted, reinstalled the IIS service and voila, everything is working great.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by ghollister (Platinum Elite Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

I thought I would update my thread. 

ACT 2012 works GREAT with SBS Essentials 2011, however, you CANNOT use the remotewebaccess and ACT2012 at the same time.  I uninstalled the IIS service, restarted, reinstalled the IIS service and voila, everything is working great.

Bronze Super Contributor

Be wary about applying updates from Microsoft, they tend to break ACT!  for web when running on SBS...

Copper Contributor

Thank's for the heads up
Bronze Super Contributor

Having gutted the default services, this may not be an issue, but speaking from attempting to have APfW and the SBS web services co-exist, it generally is problematic.