Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2012 Premium "The database you are connecting to needs to be updated..."

ACT 2012 Premium "The database you are connecting to needs to be updated..."

Hello,

I have one user that had ACT 2008 Premium installed on their workstation. We have since built a new server, Win 2008R2 and installed new copy of ACT2012 Premium. Copied over the old database then upgraded the database on the new server.

I uninstalled ACT 2008 on client workstation, then installed ACT w/o the SQL install because no local database was being run on local workstation.

About 90% of the time he double-click's on the NEW .pad file for the new database he gets an error message... "The database you are connecting to needs to be updated. Please contact your administrator."

He closes out of ACT, then re-opens the .pad file and it takes him to the login screen and he can access the database...

What could be causing this message? Other users on network do not have this issue, but no other users had ACT 2008 installed previously.

Any suggestions/recommendations/fixes are greatly appreciated. I think my last step would be a complete uninstall then going into Programs directory and/or regedit and manually remove anything that referenced ACT. Then perform another installation, hoping there is something else we can do to resolve...

Thanks!

Nick

Silver Contributor

Re: ACT 2012 Premium "The database you are connecting to needs to be updated..."

Steps I would follow.

1) check the version on each machine to make sure they all match under help, about

2) check ACT diag on the server to check that the version that the database is at is the same

3) open the database on the server to make sure it's updates. Also to see if you get a similar issue.

4) copy the pad file from the server to teh local machine and try again.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider