Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2012 Premium install losing last database login window after logging out of Windows and going back in

Copper Contributor

ACT 2012 Premium install losing last database login window after logging out of Windows and going back in

Hello Everyone,

I have a new network install. I mapped the x:\drive to the ACT share on the server. Everytime they log out of Windows and log back in, ACT doesn't come up with the login to the shared database. you have to go through finding it again. also, the Outlook address book comes up as not configured in Outlook, too. They are all 2012 Premium on XP SP3. Anyone ever seen this before?

I have tried going at it by using the UNC but it still does the same thing.

Thanks,

Jeff Bonell

Effective Solutions

414-377-4680

jeff@effsolutions.com

Silver Contributor

Re: ACT 2012 Premium install losing last database login window after logging out of Windows and going back in

Jeff, you may be overcomplicating the issue,  You don't and reallyl shouldn't try and map the ACT data drive.  Instead, just copy the pad file to the users machine or move that pad file to a share if you choose.  The pad file is just a pointer to the database and users don't really need to have access to the raw database files anyway.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Copper Contributor

Re: ACT 2012 Premium install losing last database login window after logging out of Windows and going back in

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the response, I can definitely try that, however what about the Outlook Address book prompt every time, too?

Thanks,

Jeff

Silver Contributor

That should disapear once they enter their username/password for the current database.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider