Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2012 Premium Sync Issues - Large Number of Files

Avid Listener

ACT 2012 Premium Sync Issues - Large Number of Files

I called tech support yesterday about this problem. I was directed to KB article 28293 as seen below. I ran the patch on all of my machines and the remotes, but each time the problem comes back after the machines sync. Any Ideas????

Large Number of Files in Synchronization After Upgrading to Sage ACT! 2011 SP1 Hot Fix 5 or Sage ACT! 2012 Answer ID 28293   |    Published 10/18/2011 01:41 PM   |    Updated 10/21/2011 01:44 PM

Bronze Contributor

Re: ACT 2012 Premium Sync Issues - Large Number of Files

This issue has been present in previous versions and my experience has found it can also be related to the Antivirus program changing the file attributes and this then causing some further synch issues.

Can you get you Antivirus to exclude the attachment folder?

I have also manually copied the attachments from the master to the remote and this seemed to resolve for some time.

The other issue I have seen is where the Antivirus has deleted the contents of the file and so many end up at 0kb and these seem to also cause a problem.

What antivirus are you using?

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Platinum Super Contributor

There is a particular issue with ACT! 2011 SP1 HF5 and ACT! 2012, where the number of deletes will increase with each sync.  At this time, we only have the ability to reset the deletes (see article for instructions) to allow for a more 'normal' sync.  Our Development team is working on a permanent fix but we do not have a published timeframe for it yet.

Greg Martin
Sage
Avid Listener

Greg-

Thanks for the update. I know there is not a time frame, but I need it ASAP. My boss is ready to drop ACT altogether. Let me know if I can be of assistance with any beta testing of this solution.

David C. Noe

Avid Listener

We are now almost 2 months past the release of version 2012. A stable product was once again destroyed by needlessly changing code, and rushing it to market. I had to defend the product to my boss yet again the other day. He is talking about billing Sage for my time trying to trouble shoot and lack of use of a product that we have purchased. He also is talking about spearheading a "class-action" lawsuit. Regardless of the viability of any of these solutions, the stress that this is putting on me from the boss and our users is starting to take it's toll on me! I have been a loyal ACT! proponent since version 2, and I will continue to promote it as long as I can, but I need some help from Sage. This MUST be solved - and quickly. I cannot continue to have to run this half @##ed batch file "work around" on all of our computers twice a week.

I am sure that I am not alone with this problem. I hope others will chime in.

Bottom line - I need results. Fix this problem NOW!!!!!!!!!

David C. Noe

Avid Listener

This is a copy of a posting that I made on another ACT group, and I wanted to make sure it was posted here too.

Greig-

Thank you for your immediate response, both in posting and phone call. It is very reassuring to know that people from within ACT! do respond to customer complaints, in spite of what some people may post. I thank you for advising me about the automated batch file that you referenced in KB 28293.

http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2829...  

Like most people, I was not aware that any changes had been made to that solution since the original batch file was posted. I am currently installing this on my server and remote machines. I will keep you informed as to any sucesses or failures.

As we discussed, I appreciate the fact that you and your staff have assigned a high level of urgency to this issue. Please continue to keep this high on th priority list, as I know that I am not alone with this problem.

David C. Noe

Can someone please post that file or the contents of the batch file.

This is insane to have to login to get a FIX FOR A BUG IN THE SOFTWARE YOU ALREADY OWN.

I need that batch file, I am not  going to pay for a contract for support when it is BROKEN out of the box.

Maybe once they fix their broken software we can talk about it.

Thank god Microsoft doesnt charge for Windows Updates.. can you image??

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello mshaw,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. There were some access issues with that article, but they have been corrected. Here is the link:

http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2829...

I apologoze for the any inconvenience caused by the KB article access issue.

The fix for this issue for 2012 will be released in an update next week, with the fix for 2011 coming a few weeks later.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Ok next issue. Smiley Happy

It ran fine on 2 out of 6.

The other 4 say that the LOGIN is denied.

It is the ONLY USER on the machine.

Kinda silly to deny access to it. I`m trying to figure it out.

Either way, ran it, says 650,000 records effected, and they are still trying to sync.

So any ideas? That didnt work at all even when it ran.

**SO WAITING FOR A REAL FIX! **

Thanks for listening

Platinum Elite Contributor

What is the exact error message the users with the login error are getting?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.