Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2012 Premium - Saving Edited Templates or Attached Documents

ACT! 2012 Premium - Saving Edited Templates or Attached Documents

We have a problem saving changes in any template file (or any file attached to contact history) that has been edited in Word 2010. The message is: "\\Server\"database name"\"folder name"\"document name" is currently in use. Try again later.

We are using Office 2010 and ACT! 2012 Premium - on Windows 7 & Windows XP machines.  Database Files folder and subfolders on file server are shared with full permissions.

Recommendation?

Re: ACT! 2012 Premium - Saving Edited Templates or Attached Documents

We have exactly the same issue and have been advised by Sage support that it was a known issue in previous versions of ACT but that we were the first to report it in 2012. Have you spoken to support yet? It would be worth it even if it is to raise the profile of this issue. I have copied their reply to our request below.

We are using ACT 2012 Premium, Office 2010 & 2007, Windows 7. Like with you, the files & folders have full permissions.

We have also tried things like shutting down anti-virus on the server and clients but it made no difference.

Did you install 2012 on the same server as a previous version of ACT or is 2012 your first time?

======================================
Reply begins
Having looked in to the issue you are having regarding saving attachments, this issue had been noted as a known issue in previous versions of ACT! but has not been disclosed as an issue in ACT! 2012 as we have not been made of any instances other than your own. This being the case I have enclosed some other steps to test further what could be causing this in your environment.

1) Take a Backup of your Database and ‘Restore As’ the Database in a different location on the Server and see if the error is replicated.
2) Make sure no one is in any Documents in the Attachment Folder. If there are any ghosted documents in here delete them and then attempt to Edit and Save the Document.
3) If you are not using synchronisation in ACT! try amending the config switch in Actsage.exe.config (C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Windows). Steps shown below:
• Change the sync file watcher from true to false in the below location
<!-- Supplemental file system watcher for syncing files -->
<add key="Synchronization.MonitorDatastore" value="true"/>
• If we disable this and they use sync it will not sync any changes for any files.
4) Try rebooting the Server in Selective Startup to see if the same issue occurs. See link below
http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14499
Reply ends

Any solutions yet that worked?

Copper Contributor

Hi, I think I had a very similar error message a little while ago.

Do you have either 1)Any image/graphics or 2)URL's in your documents ?

If so, try just removing that image/url and try saving again.

Let me know if that helps.  If it's not correct, I do apologise but it does sound very similar to a problem I add.

Regards,

John.

Most often then not, when I edit an attached document in a contact history I will get the following error message:

"\\SB42012/ACT2012-database files\"folder name"/ "document name" is currently in use. Try again later". I see from past posts that this has been addressed before. Is there a resolution yet? This has become VERY frustrating for me and time consuming as well. Additionally, when I try to create a new template from an existing one, it does not save. When I try to access the new template created it is a blank page. Noting was saved to the new template created. Anyone's help would be greatly appreciated.