Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2012 Premium SP1 Template Folders

Bronze Elite Contributor

ACT 2012 Premium SP1 Template Folders

My client has a number of Template sub folders but when ACT syncs the is a complete shambles with Folders duplicating, 100 templates being created with the same name, a folder appearing in another folder. Load of temp files being made.  The only part that is working as it should are the templates in main Template folder.

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 2012 Premium SP1 Template Folders

In previous versions this was happening as well with my clients...and we had to change how they did things.  Syncing doesn't like those subfolders.  Because the remote users could connect via VPN, we created a shared folder on the server for their subfolders, etc and just put the shortcut to the folder in the template folder. 

Kris Lock
Inside Sales Manager/ACT! Certified Consultant
Technology Transfer Services
www.techtransfer.com
www.myodesie.com
Bronze Elite Contributor

Many thanks for your reply and advice, I will look to see if this will resolve the problem.

It is a shame when issues like this are not put right when new releases of ACT are brought out.

Nickel Contributor

Sub folders in templates (or any of the other supplemental folders) has never been supported in a Sync environment.

The method of using shortcuts and copying files to the SAME location on remote devices, either via dropbox // VPN or other methods is you best option.
Travis Rosevear ACC for
Act Today Australia and New Zealand
Bronze Elite Contributor

The shortcut option has improved matters but I am now  getting odd Temp files popping up. Shame that ACT does not support sub folder sync.