Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2012 Premium Problems

Avid Listener

Re: ACT 2012 Premium Sync Problems

The automated batch file if working well for our computers that are inside the VPN. Since the guys in the field have to log into the VPN it is not quite as effective for them.

Thanks for the update.

David C. Noe

I've just read in another post the only way to fix this is to uninstall ACT, then reinstall ACT 2012 SP1 and update with all hotfixs thru HF4.  Don't load HF5 as that's the culpret. 

I've spend at least 10 hours loading, unloading, uninstaling, updating, reconfiguring trying to get my system to sync.  Still doesn't work.  Going to try the above advice.  But instead of inconveinencing your users by putting them through all this, why not issue a HF 6 that would undo what HF 5 broke?

Hopefully I find something to work.  I don't want to use a product that I've got to commit to full time managing it, or hiring someone to do that.  At this point, that's what it seems I've got.

Avid Listener

Check the version that you are using to make sure it is 2012. The installation of SP1 for 2012 Premium seemed to solve the problems that I was having. I hope it works for you.

David

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello pavman,
We just released Hot Fix 6 for ACT! 2011 SP1 last week to address these very issues. Please see the following Knowledgebase article:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2744...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the heads up on Sage Act 2011 hotfix 6... but I do not have Act 2011.  I have, and this topic covers, ACT 2012.  Unless I'm mistaken, these are two different products.

I found the workaround batch file mentioned previously in this post worked for me.  But for the development teams info, yes, I have Sage ACT Premium 2012 SP1 loated (Version 14.1.108.0).  Apparently it doesn't fix the sync problem in all cases.

Platinum Elite Contributor

If you have a shared database, then make sure all machines have 2012 SP1 installed. Then run the batch file on all machines as well.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Hello,

We had the original sync issue caused by ACT2011 Hotfix whatever.  We suffered through the batch file garbage on all the remotes (15).  We tried to just put on SP6 and run but to no avail the file issue was still there.

We then killed all the remotes.  We loaded 2012 Premium SP1.  Cleaned up the main database by deleting pretty much every file, template, query, and layout not used.  The main queries and templates were moved to a shared network store location a while back.  The layouts were reduced to 4.

New remotes were made with no supplemental files syncing. 

Everything was fine for a WEEK and I thought we were over the hump!  

Recap:  No templates being synced. 

Now we have this:

EXAMPLE:

• Document template file names being appended with ACT!SYNCFILE at the beginning of the file name
  • Document template file names being appended with DATE / TIME (sometimes duplicated twice) at the end of the file name
  • Document template files being duplicated many times over
  • Document template files being duplicated with content removed (e.g., file size 0kb)

Sync Issue 2

I have tried Running DB Repair; Rebuild, etc... on both publisher and remote DBs

This is different from the first issue corrected by 2012 SP1. 

Any suggestions on how to stop working on sync issues and start selling again?

Jeff S.

Act 2012 Preium User paying Annual Subscription on 15 users and still experiencing Sync Issues

Silver Contributor

ACT 2012 SP1 plus latest Hotfix (SP2 on web version) does not solve this problem. We have 1 master and 6 remote databases. After sync reports have 0 value and Layouts often corrupt. We run 2 sync scripts now once a week on every database plus reindex before the weekly sync but the problem often returns.

ACT design team I need an effective repair tool to run on all database that resolves this issue completely. The current temp fix is not acceptable as a long term solution. I need some honesty about this, often when there is a bug that can not be fixed we don't get a reply so I would very much appreciate your help. ACT support state they are unaware of a permanent fix to existing databases - is this the case? Honest answer please!

Nickel Contributor

i have the same issue and there is currently no solution. Every fix i have seen and tried including the batch file seems to be temporary and that is not a real solution for our clients.

Please advise and give us an update ASAP so that we can resolve.

TIA
Alanna

Alanna Galiano

Emerging Technologies Inc.

Atlanta, GA 30327
Copper Contributor

ACT synchronization results are  random and unexpected at best.

Kind of like getting a serious illness...