Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2012 Network sync problems with Kaspersky

Copper Contributor

ACT 2012 Network sync problems with Kaspersky

I have ACT 2012 with the latest hotfix.  I have Kaspersky Anti Virus 6.0 and I've tried to put in all the exclusions, but I still can't get Network sync to work unless I diable Kaspersky.  I wonder if anyone out there has these 2 products and can help me get the right buttons pushed so I can use Network Sync the way it should.  Thank you in advance.   Carl

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 2012 Network sync problems with Kaspersky

Did you follow the instructions as per this ACT! Knowledge Base article -

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/24718

When Kasperskyis running, can you Telnet from the worstation to the server on port 65100?

Copper Contributor

Yes, I did follow the instruction, the problem is; Anti virus 6.0 is not exactly the same as any of the versions listed.  I went through every window, etc...and found the similar areas of concern, made the proper exclusions etc...and it's still not working....unless I disable Kaspersky...then everything works.  So, it's either the version I have, or maybe you can recommend an easier anti virus that is more "friendly" to ACT.  And yes, the telnet to the port is working.   Thanks, 

So, Telnet comes back with a blank screen and doesn't matter if the AV is running or not?
Copper Contributor

I'm not exactly sure what you mean then by Telnet...from the workstation, nothing works unless Kaspersky is disabled.  Does that help?  If I enable Kaspersky, I get an error message message saying “ Could not start sync server. ACT! Has encountered an error, please check that the sync server port is able to listen for incoming connections.  Contact your administrator for assistance”.   So, again, I the disable Kaspersky, and the synch works

From the remote:
Start | CMD - right-click and Run As admin

In the CMD box:
Telnet [server] 65100
*replace [server] with the server machine name or ip

Try with and without the av
Copper Contributor

at the cmd prompt I typed in telnet 65100 and got "could not open connection to the host on port 23: Connect failed."  This happened with both av on and off...then with av off I tried the synch, and it worked... 

Copper Contributor

I don't know my server name..how do I figure that one out?  It's just my main PC in my home office, not sure it has a name

All PCs have a name ... you can find it by:
Right-click on my computer and Properties on the machine or
From the remote, start ACT! - Tools | Synchronisation Panel | Manage Main Database Location