Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2012 Converting ACT6 layout doesn't work

Copper Contributor

ACT 2012 Converting ACT6 layout doesn't work

Windows 7 64-bit, all windows updates, ACT Premium 2012 V14.1.108.0 - my 6.03 DB converting no problem and all my fields are there however when I convert the layout all of the fields on the layout are lost, the labels are there but the field boxes are all grey and i can't enter data.  If i go into layout designer and can dbl click and reselect the field and save and everything works however I have 28 custom tabs and hundreds of fields.  Is there a way to correct this?  The conversion of the layouts completes without errors.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 2012 Converting ACT6 layout doesn't work

Hello johnconnor,
Unfortunately, this means the fields links for your custom fields did not convert to the layout. You can try converting the layouts again, but more than likely you will have to manually reconnect the fields to field holders. Go to Tools > Design Layouts > Contacts. The unlinked fields will have a empty white box. Just double-click on the box and select the field that goes there.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.