The Dutch ACC

Stephan Jansen
Scala Solutions BV
The Dutch ACC
stephan@scalasolutions.nl
Copper Contributor

Re: ACT! 2011 to Outlook calendar synchronization failed

Stephan,

There are no any results. I lost the hope to find the solution.

Regards,

Vad

Regards,
Vad
Tuned Listener

Thanks Vad,

How typical SAGE

Stephan Jansen
Scala Solutions BV
The Dutch ACC
stephan@scalasolutions.nl
Copper Contributor

We just had the same issue.  Running ACT! Premium 2011 Version 13.1.111.0, Hot Fix 4 and Outlook 2010.  It has worked in the past but now getting the message "calendar synchronization failed."  Any updates?  This is a pretty big deal.

Copper Contributor

Anne,

Unfortunatelly, there are no any updates about this mistake for the moment. Sage didn't provide solution. I see only one way to send emails to Sage technical support. My power is over for fighting with Sage support.

If you'll get any updates please keep me in touch.

Vad

Regards,
Vad
Platinum Super Contributor

The first step to help determine the cause of the failure is to reduce the time frame for the calendar syncronization.  The issue may be caused by a corrupted activity in either ACT! or Outlook.  If a reduced time frame is successful, you can then increase the time frame in small increments until it the synchronization fails - this will help identify the 'problem' activities.

Beyond this test, you can run the Tools > Database Maintenance > Check and Repair option within ACT!, then test.

If still unsucessful, create a new database to test with.  If successful in the new database, it indicates an issue within the original database. 

If still unsuccessful, create a new Outlook profile to test the synchronization.  If successful with the new profile, it indicates an issue with the original Outlook profile.

Also, look in the Windows Event Viewer for additional error messages.

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Greg,

Thank you for your response.

I did all these steps.

Also, the Sage engineer connected via remote access to the computer and he coudn't find the source of problem 2 month ago.

Regards,
Vad

How do you get the hot fix?

I am able to sync contacts with no problem but I am getting an error syncing the calendar. 

• It gets as far as "synchronizing activities" before it fails
  • Calendar items from ACT sync to Outlook but not the other way.
  • I have run the scan.pst in Outlook and done repairs to the Outlook database.  It now shows no errors.
  • I tried to look at the sync log but it was blank

This has been a reoccuring problem.  It has been fixed in the past and then reappears out of nowwhere. 

Hello,

I also have had this same issue on only a few of my salesman using Act. I have noticed that the Act integration plug-in is in the Inactive plug-in section of outlook under tools: trusts/ add-ins there you will find all of Outlook add-ins.  The Act plug-in needs to be active in order for the sync to fully work and in order to change the status of these you need to be the administrator account on the computer to change the status of these.