09-08-2010 12:32 PM
I am trying to install ACT 2011 Premium on a Vista Pro machine fully MS patched. I am getting a message that I must have XP SP3 installed and the installations aborts. This was always a Vista machine so any thoughts would be welcome.
09-08-2010 02:00 PM
First, try the suggested solution in Knowledgebase article 26077. If that does not resolve then try this:
*This process disables the system checker so the operating system will not be verified
- If installing from a DVD, then create a new folder on the root of your C: drive and copy the entire contents of the DVD to that
- If installing from a download, then browse to the download folder on your C: drive
- Open the folder, and browse the Dependencies directory. In this directory, locate the folder called PreReq and rename it to PreReqOLD
- Go back to the ACTSTD or ACTWG folder, open it and run the setup.exe file to install
Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.
09-08-2010 03:08 PM
Disc already copied to C: Drive. Checked compatability mode and this was not ticked.
Renamed dependancy folder, re-booted andd still getting the error message.
Any other thoughts?
12-06-2012 05:58 PM
Did you get this problem resolved? I'm trying to install ACT Pro 2013 on my Vista laptop and having the same problems. Following suggetsion in article 26077 and the other suggestions do not help.
12-07-2012 01:22 AM
When I had this problem Vista had changed the installation mode to XP compatibility. The problem with this is that it had changed it to XP SP2 and ACT needs XP SP3. I simply right clicked on the ACT icon, selected properties, then compatibility and changed it back to VIsta under change for all users and also added run as administrator.
12-07-2012 03:10 AM
This does not help. There is not ACT icon until after the software is installed. I can't get it installed. When I run setup.exe (which is not checked to run in Win XP compatibility mode), it runs InstallShield Wizard which reports the problem that the install is being done under Windows XP compatibility mode.
12-26-2012 05:49 AM
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!
Your message may have been cut off: "I don't even have Vista - have Windows". What version of Windows do you have (XP, Vista, 7, 8)?
If it is XP, check to see if Service Pack 3 has been installed. To do this:
- right click on My Computer icon > select Properties
- General tab > System: > will show OS and service packs applied