Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2011 link opportunity table with contact table

Copper Contributor

ACT 2011 link opportunity table with contact table

Hi All,

I seek help on how to link opportunity table with contact table.

Last time when i have 2008 ACT premium, I manage to link the opoorunity table with contact
table with out any problem using OLE .

Now i am upgrade to sage ACT premium 2011 , i am unable to find the contact table variable name " CONTACTID "
for me to link to opporunity table variable "OPPORTUNITYID". ( i am able to locate the
OPPORTUNITYID Variable ).

Hope some one can tell me where is the CONTACTID ? I already search all contact table , and unable to
find it.

Second questions is , i also need to link the activity table with contact table. On activity table
i manage to locate the variable name "ACTIVITYID" From ACTIVITY table , but i am also unable to
find variable from contact table which allow me to link . Hope some one can help me please.

Paul

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 2011 link opportunity table with contact table

Copper Contributor

Hi sir , many thank for your reply. Lucky you reply my post. kindly let me know the table name .
Copper Contributor

Can some one help me pls.

Copper Contributor

Hi All Can some one help me pls. As I need to completed this project and I am stuck.

There's a data dictionary that installs with the ACT! program. Try checking there.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Employee

The query that your looking for, along with several other examples can be found in KB 25837

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator
Bronze Contributor

Roy, the data dictionary is missing from the 2011 install.  I even checked the media CD.

Patricia Egen
Certified ACT! Consultant, Trainer, Developer
www.egenconsulting.com
(423) 875-2652

Follow us on:

Visit our Popular ACT Wizards Page Wizards Here!

Copper Contributor

Hi mike & Mwood,

Thank you for your reply , i manage to download all the 3 file.

Some time back Mr Bill, he is Copper Super Contributor , sage developer.  he help me on below post , which i still remeber. apprecaited very much for his help till today . except i still waiting for solution on how to link activity with company.

http://community.act.com/t5/Sage-ACT-Developer-s-Forum/How-to-link-the-2-table-opportunity-table-wit...

He mentioned as below :-

Unfortunately you cannot report on Activities as these are not exposed in the ACT! OLEDB Reporting Provider 1.0.

After listen to his advise , i have wait , and now i got ACT ver 2011 , and i still unable to get the activity ID that link with contact. can some one advise me how to do it ?

By the way i notice Mr Bill last log into this forum is jan 2010 , any one know where it mt bill still with sage ? apprecaited if you can share with me. as i am still struggle with how to link activity with contact and company.

when i call ACT singapore , i was told that they no more support ACT , and refer me to solar sys , and when i contact them , they are not aware of how to link., and i ready seek help on this.

Paul