09-29-2011 02:53 PM
I upgraded ACT! 2011 Premium SP1 HF4 to HF5 and started getting Sage ACT! popup error (red X) windows with the text "Index -1 does not have a value". They have occurred shortly after starting ACT!. The first time it was after closing the windwo for a new Outlook email froman ACT! template without saving or sending. The second time was when closing the Alarms window. The third time did not immediately follow any UI interaction. ACT! seems to continue without further problems after clearing the error message.
I did not have this problem before HF5. I am running on Win7 Pro with Office 2010.
09-30-2011 01:51 PM
The problem continues. I get the index error about 65-70 seconds after I log into my production database if it is the first thing I do after starting ACT!. I don't have to do anything else, just log on and wait. It is repeatable and consistent.
If I start ACT!, log into the demo database, I don't get the error. If I first log on to the demo database and then switch to my production database I don't get the error.
I did database checks in both ACTDiag v13 and ACTDiag v14 and got no errors. I can't find anything related in the ACT Logs.
10-02-2011 06:12 PM
Another customer was having this issue in a earlier post, and closing ACT! down and rerunning hot fix 5 seemed to fix it for them.
Give that a try and let me know what happens
10-03-2011 02:49 PM
I did the HF5 install again with no change in behavior.
I have since talked with Sage support. They are able to reproduce the problem on their installation with their test data (newly created I think). The problem is now diving deeper into the Sage woodwork. Preliminary guess is that it might be related to DBs converted from ACT!6.
Thanks for your input,
10-10-2011 06:58 AM
Have you tried this ACT! Knowledge Base article -
10-10-2011 04:40 PM
I had done parts of it, but not all. Today I marched through it (skipping the complete export to a new database). No change in behavior.
I did the complete export and after a 40 minute export the problem does not occur on the new database. However there are too many deviances to trust the copy. It has 1 less group contact, 144 fewer activities, and 1 more Security Accessor (whatever that is). Same number of contacts, notes and histories though.
My database may have problems that did/do not show in ACTDiag (V6), Conerstone's Red Flags utility, and ACTDiag 2011, but that cannot be the whole story. It may fit with the conversion of an asymptomatic problem database, but Sage can reproduce the problem without my database.
Thanks for your idea,