Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2011 for Web - Access to path denied

ACT 2011 for Web - Access to path denied

Brand new install on a Windows 2008 R2 SP1 virtual machine. Been able to get past most of the hurdles with this software except this one. Go to http://localhost/APFW, log on and get:

Access to the path 'ACT\ACT Data\Preferences' is denied.

I have no idea where to go from here with this. I called support and they spent an hour giving EVERYONE FULL ACCESS to almost every directory on the server to no avail. Fortuntately I took a snapshot before the support call and rolled back so everything is not open to the world.

Tech thinks it is a permission issue and I do not disagree. The only place I see a directory structure like the error is in

c:\Users\administrator\AppData\Roaming\ACT\ACT Data. Gave everyone access to that directory which yielded the same results.

Can someone shed some light on this?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 2011 for Web - Access to path denied

[ Edited ]

I asked support about that, he said no issue.

The NEW database I created is in c:\act databases\. I open that database I created from that directory in the ACT Premium software, go to Tools...Web Site Administration. Web Server tests ok, user account (which is a LOCAL user to the machine, not a domain account) tests ok. I added the database under Default Web Site, APFW virtual directory, clicked Add, selected the database file (c:\act databases), enter user name and password. Test successful. Timeout is set for 4 hours under timeout. Close, iisreset....error message.

Can I move that ACT Data Folder? Was that part of the install? If it is part of the install I will uninstall and reinstall. I don't an issue with that. This is not even close to live yet.

Uninstall and reinstall worked. I did a custom install but there is no info on where to change the ACT data dir.

I would be more than happy to move it out. Seems silly to have it in a user directory.

It's usually a question of install for "Current User" or "All Users"

Is it working now?

It is working, but the data path is not moved.

I think I installed for All Users.