Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT!2011 dates won't rollover automatically

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Elite Contributor
Accepted Solution

ACT!2011 dates won't rollover automatically

I have set up ACT! to automatically roll over uncompleted tasks and when I start ACT!2011 the list of items to rollover appears. I agree to have the dates rollover to today but they remain in the past.

Any suggestions why or how to fix this?

Thanks,

Stephen

Stephen Buckland
stephenbuckland@gmail.com

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author stephenb
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: ACT!2011 dates won't rollover automatically

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the suggestions. For the record the problem seems to have righted iteself after 3 or 4 frustrating days of manually rolling over tasks etc..

I had done a detect and repair on two PCs which I use to no avail and deleted and rebuilt my preferences.

I pointed my finger at recent batch of MS 7 OS updates to .NET and more or possibly TuneUp Utilities software which does make some poor decisions as to what is important occasionally.

Another possibility was I deleted an attachment from a recurring event. Now I think about it these have caused me grief before when synchronising betwe two or more databases..

I'll bear your trouble shooting suggestions for next time.

Stephen Buckland

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Super Contributor

Try running the Tools > Database Maintenance > Check and Repair option. 

Database Specific: If you test this in the Demo database, does the same behavior occur? 

User Specific: Are there other users of the database?  If yes, do they get the same results when rolling over activities?

Greg Martin
Sage
Solution
Accepted by topic author stephenb
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the suggestions. For the record the problem seems to have righted iteself after 3 or 4 frustrating days of manually rolling over tasks etc..

I had done a detect and repair on two PCs which I use to no avail and deleted and rebuilt my preferences.

I pointed my finger at recent batch of MS 7 OS updates to .NET and more or possibly TuneUp Utilities software which does make some poor decisions as to what is important occasionally.

Another possibility was I deleted an attachment from a recurring event. Now I think about it these have caused me grief before when synchronising betwe two or more databases..

I'll bear your trouble shooting suggestions for next time.

Stephen Buckland