Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2011 and Outlook 7 contact sync issue and E Mail attachments not showing in history

Copper Contributor

ACT 2011 and Outlook 7 contact sync issue and E Mail attachments not showing in history

Problem One: ACT 2011 contacts not syncing to Outlook 2007 Running ACT 2011 with Outlook 2007. When I try to sync "contacts" ACT freezes or Outlook freezes. It starts ok and shows "getting ACT contacts" on the status bar but when it goes into reading contacts from Outlook 2007 then it stops. I allowed the sync to try for several hours and the small status bar showed some progress and then I get the not responding message. Problem 2 E-mail attachments not showing: I can open Outlook 2007 while in ACT if I click on a contact's e-mail address. The history shows back in Act after the e-mail is sent but one other strange problem is the e-mail attachments are not showing in ACT history, The e-mail subject shows but the attachment is not there. I have all the boxes checked for allowing attachments in history.
Bronze Contributor

Re: ACT 2011 and Outlook 7 contact sync issue and E Mail attachments not showing in history

Personally I do not recommend the Outlook contact synch as it has caused many issues from sites I have seen and often the fields people want are not there. I use Companionlink myself and only push the data from ACT to Outlook not both ways

How many contacts are you trying to synchronise? BTW

In regards to email are you sure in the add-in TAB in Outlook you are choosing the 4th option from the history drop down box?

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Copper Contributor

Re: ACT 2011 and Outlook 7 contact sync issue and E Mail attachments not showing in history

Thanks Paul

I have 420 contacts in ACT with approx 1000 contacts total with the secondary contacts.  I'm planning to use Companion Link as I tried it today and it only took 40 minuites to do the first sync.  BTW  I plan to onlt sync one way also,  ACT to Outlook.  I also paln to use it for ACT to my I Phone

On the no attachments... after rebooting ACT my attachmnets showed...  who knows???

Thanks!!