Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2011 Word Attachments With Outlook 2010

ACT! 2011 Word Attachments With Outlook 2010

Using ACT! 2011 Premium...

I choose the Write menu and I then compose a Word 2010 document from a template on the file server (a quote form in this instance)

After composing, I use the Word add-in to create a History event  and attach the document to my contact in ACT! 2011 (this also saves the document to a standard location on the file server)

Question: Is it possible to go back to my Contact in ACT! 2011 and then have this new document attached to an email in Outlook 2010    WITHOUT   having to navigate to the document on the file server?

In other words, ACT! 2011 now knows there is a recent document attached to the Contact via History, so is there an option in the program to "auto attach" said document to a new email in Outlook 2010

TIA for any help on this topic, I did search the community and Google before posting.

Regards

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: ACT! 2011 Word Attachments With Outlook 2010

Hello Briskheat,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community!

To attach a document to an email, you will have to navigate to the location of the file - it cannot be attached from the Documents tab.

Greg Martin
Sage

Re: ACT! 2011 Word Attachments With Outlook 2010

Thank you for the response.

Actually, I did find a way to do this...

From within Word 2010, you can use the add-in dropdown, selecting email. This prompts you to save the document. If you then go back to the same add-in dropdown and select email again, Word 2010 interfaces with ACT! 2011, grabbing the Contacts' email address, opens a new Outlook 2010 email window and populates the address field from ACT! 2011, then inserts the Word 2010 document as an attachment.

Once the message has been sent from Outlook 2010 (depending on your ACT 2011! config), a History event is created with that Contact and the email and attachment are there!

Sweet! My Client is quite happy.

Regards...