Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2011 - SQL 2008 R2 install issue

ACT! 2011 - SQL 2008 R2 install issue

[ Edited ]

Greig - trying to follow this thread and install Act Pro 2010.  Having similar problems to many people.  When I try to manually install SQL Server 2008 R2 I get to the point to where I have to name the instance ACT7 and I already have a named instance from the previous ACT installation.  Do I have to un-install SQL 2005 to remedy this problem?  I have been struggling with this on a backup computer (Windows XP) for some time.  Just can't seem to get this resolved.  Previous versions of ACT functioned normally.  Can't get this one installed.  It stops at the SQL 2008 installation.  Tried the manual installation and the named instance issue is the problem. 

thanks

Mike Baroody

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! 2011 - SQL 2008 R2 install issue

Hello Mike,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. It sounds like the issue may be with converting the SQL 2005 ACT7 instance to SQL 2008 R2. You will need to manually remove the SQL 2005 ACT7, uninstall all SQL Server items and MSXML 6.0 Parser (from Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel), reboot your machine, and then install SQL Server 2008 R2. Instructions to manually remove SQL 2005 are in KB Article 23401. Also, if you are using Vista or Windows 7, disable User Account Control prior to rebooting.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.