Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT!2011 SP1 + HF1 wont install

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Elite Contributor
Accepted Solution

ACT!2011 SP1 + HF1 wont install

[ Edited ]

I downloaded and attempted to install ACT2011 SP1 and HF1 -AU version from the downloads section.

Now on 2 machines when I attempt to install it I get an error message something like insufficient memory on c:\ drive. Please free up 320.7MB and try again. The C: drives on each machine have 100's of GB free.

On one machine I eventually got around the message by rebooting and logging in but on the second PC, which holds the master database :-( I can't get around the message to upgrade.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Stephen

Stephen Buckland
stephenbuckland@gmail.com

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author stephenb
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT!2011 SP1 + HF1 wont install

Hello Stephen,
This could be due to the "multiple of 4" issue with the extraction utility, where the error you saw comes up if the free space on the drive is a multiple of 4. Try deleting all user temporary files, deleting the contents of the folder C:\Windows\Prefetch, then emptying the recycle bin. Then try the installation again.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author stephenb
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello Stephen,
This could be due to the "multiple of 4" issue with the extraction utility, where the error you saw comes up if the free space on the drive is a multiple of 4. Try deleting all user temporary files, deleting the contents of the folder C:\Windows\Prefetch, then emptying the recycle bin. Then try the installation again.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Elite Contributor

"The multiple of 4 issue",  would you believe?Smiley Very Happy

Battled on with advice deleting temporary files etc everywhere  and have now succeeded.

Thanks,

Stephen

Stephen Buckland
stephenbuckland@gmail.com