09-23-2010 09:06 PM
Hello all, we have recently installed ACT! 2011 within our organisation and I have a few questions regarding it. We have ACT! setup in Melbourne, with about 20 different synchronised databases setup around Australia - all of that side of things is working well.
1. With ACT! 2011, I notice on the left hand side under Related Tasks that it offers the option to "Modify Layout" to everyone? Thus meaning everyone can modify the contact, opportunity, group, companies layout etc. Is this true and if so, can I restrict it? It seems crazy that everyone would be able to modify this
2. Since we have various teams setup, we setup the versions to create under Limited Access in ACT! however when people use outlook to create contacts from sent emails, it always creates these as public - can this be changed at all?
3. With regards to sycnrhonisation, can someone elaborate on what it means to set "Allow database to synch supplemental files" and also "Syncrhonise attachments". Does attachments mean documents? Or other stuff aswell?
4. I notice I cannot change the status of the above 2 items and it is greyed out, but the problem i have is i have a few database around Australia and ive set these up to syncrhonise attachments and I want to undo that (and delete attachments, wherever they are? Because its creating too much synch traffic) but its grayed out and i cannot change the option on the databases. Is there a way to do this without me having to deploy the synch databases again? Please say yes, hah.
5. Ive noticed that our companies layout and group layout both now say "Error loading the layout" and I cannot use this feature anymore. Thankfully we dont use them very much but what could have caused this? another user modifying it and stuffing it up? If so, how can I retrieve what we had, or start from scratch? Ive tried clicking the other layouts from the drop down and it's not working.
6. Importing - I've always had an issue where sometimes when I import, even with a small database. It will go painfully slowly. Even when its simple and just primrary stuff that im importing and i match all the fields. Are there rules here with rgds to having blank cells in a spreadsheet that you import or something?
Any assistance to the above would be great and if you could answer next to the Q it would be fantastic.
Thanks in advance guys.
09-24-2010 06:51 AM
1) not an easy out of the box way to limit this.
2) ouch, not that I know of.
3) means attaachments - however, once on the remote machine, all can see them. This is a good setting if you are trying to limit bandwidth or prohibit all attachments from synching
4) I do not believe this is possible. No
5) likely that your layouts are corrupted. Try changing to a different layout. You can copy a layouy in from another database. There is a bug in ACT that doesn't seem to go away where the dates are added to layouts and they just keep adding them and corrupt previous layouts.
5) can't comment on this one, sorry.