Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2011 Premium with Outlook 64Bit

ACT 2011 Premium with Outlook 64Bit

Hi Everybody,

we have just upgraded to ACT Version 2011 Premium (7 Lics), because it has an Outlook 2010 Integration.

Now we found out, that it is only an Outlook 2011 32 Bit Integration.

I can' belive this, because even our Telephone System 3cx has got an 64Bit Integration and ACT has not.

Will this come in an Service Pack? This is absolutely important. Nobody has got a 32Bit Windows 7....

Please help.

Thnaks

Carsten

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 2011 Premium with Outlook 64Bit

The 32-bit Office runs fine on 64-bit Windows  7. Reinstall Office for 32-bit and all will be fine. There isn't any time table for ACT! working with the 64-bit Outlook but iyt's not in the forseeable future.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

You might find it interesting that many Microsoft products still don't work with Office 2010 x64, and on their site they have a note recommending only to use the x32 install, even if your OS is x64:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/products/office-2010-frequently-asked-questions-HA101674631.aspx#A...

But if you Work hard with Excel (Pivot+Data-Analysis) you can see the difference.

And, ACT do not have to develop the whole Program in 64Bit, they have only to develop the little DLL in 64-Bit.

Hey, Guys, we're in 2011 and not in 2005!

64-Bit is reality. We have more than 3GB RAM!!

And I think Sage should say Works with Office 2011 32 Bit! and not only Office 2010.

Best wishes

Carsten

[ Edited ]

Hello Carsten,
Just so you know, there would not be a service pack for this. We would have to create a separate 64-bit version of ACT!. This is currently being reviewed by our product management team...no timeframe is available as of now. ACT! will currently work with a 64-bit operating system, just not with 64-bit Office.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

I'm sure they have looked at just doing the plug-in and some kind of connector... not sure if it's even possible as the x32 and x64 protections would make this difficult.

As I said, even Microsoft have got many of their apps to work with MSO2010 in x64 ... even their mobile phone sync

You know MSO2003 had an x64 version, but they had so many issues, they didn't do one for MSO2007. Even now, as per that link, they don't recommend it unless needed for 2GB+ spreadsheets, etc

With all due respect, if you think it's that easy, download the SDK and write the module yourself. Be aware that there are some very good third party developers that create addons and plugins for the ACT! program and none of them have announced shch a plugin.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Dear Roy,

we have developed a little .net Tool with the SDK. Due to this all our Clients are automattically synced with Act. If we add a new User to our Portal, the User will be 2 Min. later in Act.

But when you take a look on CRM Systems, the most important Communication is E-Mail.

So if you want this Communication in your CRM you should normally support  more than one E-Mail Client as an CRM Manufacturer.

As we develop Software on our own, I know this can be done. And If you have the DLL finished, it is not a big deal to Compile it in 64 Bits...

So there is normally no need, to produce an ACT 64-Bit Version. But it should support more than one E-Mail Client.

Best wishes from good old Germany

Carsten

Hello Greig,

thank you for your fast Reply.

I think there is no need for a full ACT 64Bit Version.

But you should have a Outlook 64-Bit Plug-In. This is not a big deal, because only the DLL have to be compiled in 2 versions thats it.

If you can send us the source of this DLL, I'll do it and post the finished DLL.

Best wishes from Hamburg

Carsten

Not a viable solution. I believe Office is all 64-bit or all 32-bit. A third party developer could likely do a link to 64-bit Outlook alone but Sage woule need to do a 64-bit link to Word, Excel and Outlook.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129