Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2011 Premium Web Microsoft Word Integration

ACT! 2011 Premium Web Microsoft Word Integration

[ Edited ]

We are using the premium web version and I have users that are trying to enable Microsoft Word integration but the hyperlink is missing under tools > preferences as stated in the Web Administrators guide. Any clue on how to enable this feature?

Sage ACT! Premium (Web) 2011 Version 13.1.111.0, Hot Fix 4

web.config file was edited and Outlook integration is working

Clients are using Microsoft Office 2003

Instructions from web administrators guide:

Installing Components to Use Microsoft Word
The following explains how users need to install components so they can use Microsoft Word to create
letters and other documents from Sage ACT! Premium (web client).
Install components to use Microsoft Word
1. Close Word (if it is open).
2. Open Sage ACT! Premium (web client).
3. From the Tools menu, click Preferences.
4. Click the Word Processor hyperlink. <------------------------ NOT PRESENT

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! 2011 Premium Web Microsoft Word Integration

Hello feathersgw,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. Which Internet browser (and what version of that browser) are you using to access the ACT! for web database?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Internet Explorer 8

Any ideas?

Really enjoying the great answers I am getting here. Fabulous support Sage.

[ Edited ]

I'm not sure what steps you have already taken, but my first suggestion would be to uninstall and reinstall the Word integration on the client machine. I'm sorry for the delay in response, but please keep in mind that this is a user-driven Community moderated by Sage, and not intended to be a Sage support site. We will help as best we can, but unfortunately cannot offer the same level of support you would receive by calling into our Support department.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

There is no way to uninstall the word integration since it can't be installed in the first place. The issue is that the link is not present like it should be under tools > preferences

Is the option to download the Word integration available directly from the server (open the web database on the server through localhost)? If so, then download the .exe file for the integration, copy it to one of the workstations and see if it will install.

Greig Hollister